The M/C Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

crickets.... crickets... crickets.... :D

2. Quigley_Sharps

Just got his HD back and that was the report.

3. Quigley_Sharps

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Saw that, still wondering what really happened. Truck driver asleep or brake failure is all I can come up with. Noting that it is a waste skip hauler and knowing how well those trucks are maintained, I've jumped to a conclusion. Did the horn work? Lots of unanswered questions.

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quote--- from witness about truck driver,

"He was in shock," Krukoff said. "He (said) he wasn't paying attention, just shuffling with his paperwork."

If he was on the phone or texting they should be able to tell from his phone records since they pretty much know exactly when the accident happened. If this guy were texting, or on the phone, this should be a manslaughter case IMO.

Heres the newspaper account...........http://www.azcentral.com/community/n...rash-abrk.html

6. Quigley_Sharps

7. jjs72

jjs72 Monkey+

I ride an 08 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado S. It is my second Roadstar, first was a 2003 Silver edition. Not much of a bug out bike like a KLR. Just fun to ride just the same. Just got my wife through the MOST class offered by abate, she is riding now for a couple weeks. She is riding a Vstar 950 Tourer, surprisingly a powerfull little scoot.

8. Quigley_Sharps

Zumo 665 ... A Zumo 660 now with XM Radio<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Soon to be released as a Zumo 665.

Link to Garmin Site

Take a ride on a new route and explore the open road with the zūmo 665, a motorcycle-friendly navigator with stereo Bluetooth® and XM® satellite radio, weather and traffic. Whether you’re on a weekday ride just across town or a weeklong trip to an annual rally with friends, the zūmo 665 is ready to show you the way.

Designed By Bikers For Bikers

Featuring a bright 4.3” touchscreen color display, the zūmo 665 puts all the information you need in an easy-to-read format as you travel down the road. The zūmo 665 also has a glove-friendly intuitive interface that makes entering information as easy as shifting gears. In addition, the wide sunlight-readable display makes for easy navigation — whether you’re riding during a bright day or a moonless night. And with a rugged waterproof case that resists <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_3_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-FAMILY: inherit">fuel[​IMG]</NOBR> sprays and UV rays, the zūmo 665 was built for life on the road.

Add Weather and Radio

The zūmo 665 comes standard with our GXM™ 40 XM antenna. Simply add an optional XM subscription and receive real-time XM Radio® with 170 digital channels of commercial-free music, news, sports, talk and entertainment when you travel in the U.S. With the addition of XM NavWeather®, you can access up-to-the-minute weather data and NEXRAD radar graphics from your map screen to stay ahead of the storm. Plus, when you add on XM NavTraffic®, you can find out where the trouble spots are and route around them.

Go Your Own Way

Pick your path and hit the streets. The zūmo 665 is ready to go right out of the box. It’s preloaded with City Navigator® NT street maps and millions of points of interest (POIs) that include motels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and more. In addition, the zūmo 665 offers 3-D building view and lane assist with junction view to show you more of your surroundings and make sure that you'll know the right lane at the right time. The zūmo 665 also comes standard with a digital fuel gauge so you can keep track of how many miles you have left before it’s time to get gas.

Keep In Touch

The zūmo 665 features <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_9_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-FAMILY: inherit">Bluetooth[​IMG]</NOBR> wireless technology so you can stay in touch while you're on the move. With it, you’re free to safely talk on your phone without having to remove your gloves or helmet. Simply connect your zūmo 665 to your Bluetooth-enabled headset or helmet and then pair with your cellphone to make and receive calls on the go. You can also call POIs through the zūmo’s Bluetooth interface — perfect for last-minute change of plans or a quick pit stop for food and fuel. And with spoken street name functionality, the zūmo 665 will also transmit voice prompts to your headset for wireless and worry-free navigation.

Stay Entertained

Have a long ride planned? The zūmo 665 is your all-in-one entertainment center. Featuring an on-board MP3 player and advanced Bluetooth A2DP technology, you'll enjoy crisp and clean stereo sound, including XM radio (subscription required), with your compatible headset. The <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_11_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%; COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-FAMILY: inherit">motorcycle[​IMG]</NOBR> mount also comes standard with a headphone jack so you can connect to your headphones or helmet headset and microphone. It’s also loaded with a picture viewer for taking friends and family on the road, and it supports audiobooks to help break up the miles when you’re in for the long haul.

Plan and Share Your Rides

Found the perfect backroad to share with your riding buddies? Or perhaps you’re planning a cross-country trip and looking to avoid as much interstate as possible. With the zūmo 665’s powerful trip planning tools, you can create your custom routes on your computer and then transfer your saved route directly to your zūmo. And when you’ve returned home, you can review your rides in Google™ Earth. In addition, microSD™ card expansion makes it easy for sharing routes and adding storage.

You can also visit Garmin Connect™ — our online community of routes and riders. It’s a great resource for finding new rides and planning trips.

Move Between Modes

Just because your bike’s parked doesn’t mean your day is done. The zūmo 665 also pulls double duty as an in-car navigator when you’re on four wheels instead of two. In addition to the included motorcycle mount, the zūmo 665 also includes a carrying case, vehicle mount and power cable. It’s like having two full-featured navigators for the price of one.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    <!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Rode a side hack once it was weird... the shop I work in with puts em on all the time. but its not for me (yet)

A guy in Wisconsin rapids just puts a trailer on his.
    af 1.

12. gomer

gomer Hooligan

Okay if I share mine?

1974 Kawasaki G5
    [​IMG]

1977 Kawasaki KZ750 Chop in progress
    [​IMG]

1969 Bridgestone 350 GTO currently bare frame
    [​IMG]

KAS likes this.
  13. Quigley_Sharps

Jay Leno - Blastolene Rocket II Trike<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Jay Leno - Blastolene Rocket II Trike

This thing has 1000 horsepower.

14. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

My first ride at 3 years old
    eric002.

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

"Loud pipe may save lives" ( not)
    but 500 volts at the isle of mann will kick your azz!

YouTube- Charge

16. gomer

gomer Hooligan

Got mo'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

18. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Anybody here ever have or ride a Yamaha TW200? Have been doing some research on these and it seems like it would be pretty much the perfect local commuter. And pretty fun in the dirt to boot. My local shop has had one sitting there for about 8 months with a sticker of $4400 out the door. Yamaha is also having their model year close out sale and I might be able to take it home for less than 4k. It would be my first bike. I've been a quad guy the past 10 yrs. I've ridden friend's trail and dirt bikes over the years. Not much of a pavement rider though.

What do you guys think? They seem to have a pretty strong following. People that have them love 'em!

Byte

2010 Yamaha TW200

19. gomer

gomer Hooligan

They're good little bikes, just not fast. I've ridden one around town and the one time I tried to take it out on the local arterial, I was a little disappointed. Awesome gas mileage and great on the trails just not powerful enough for a rider plus more than a night's worth of gear.

20. Quigley_Sharps

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7