The M/C Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Message from Harley

Message from Harley
    1239539373_picture_1.

fmhuff likes this.
  2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Jeezus 260's"...

3. Quigley_Sharps

Received my bonus for 2008 and use part of it to purchase:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and a new set of Dunlop tires.
    I will get my bike back up next week for the dyno and tuning of the parts.
    should scoot a little better.

4. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nice Quigs.......:D

My employer doesn't even know what a "bonus" is.......:rolleyes:

5. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

6. Quigley_Sharps

Well tomorrow is the big day for the parts and dyno on my Harley should it sound a lot better and pull alot harder.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

70 miles today. Trivial, I know, but I needed to find out just how much more riding I need to do to get back into shape. Finally got warm enough, and dry enough to get out and find out...

8. Quigley_Sharps

Rode through a rain storm on the Harley here is a very important calc for you..
    The generic hydroplaning speed formula for tires is:

Hydroplaning Speed = 9 X The Square Root of Tire Pressure.

9 X 6 (Sq Rt of 36 PSI) = 54 MPH.
    Dont ask me how i know this..........

9. ghrit

Good info, but how bad did it hurt?

10. Quigley_Sharps

11. ghrit

I have used Zymol products on cars and bikes with some success. Rubbing is the key, figuring out where to stop is the problem. You can always find something else that wants done. (If it isn't safety or reliability related, I usually don't.)

:D

12. Quigley_Sharps

Sturgis trip 2009
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Lewiston</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">Idaho</st1:State></st1:place> and then to Home

13. Quigley_Sharps

14. vegasrandall

vegasrandall Monkey+++

I'm a BMW rider and I wanted to ask the harley people what kind of trailer they used for hauling their harley's.

15. ghrit

hehehe. Pretty subtle, you, ah, you ---

(FWIW, I have a Featherlite for those infrequent trailer trips for my Triumph. Not needed for anything other than to a shop for overnight service on stuff I can't do with the tools I have. Used it for my 87 flying brick on a couple occasions on relocations, and as a garage when I didn't have one. It trails very well, about 1300 lbs tare. Used it to help a harley guy with it once when his bagger wouldn't start ---)

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

"silly yuppie trailers are for boats"!

17. overbore

overbore Monkey++

You are close enough, Son. The "prezact" number is 8.6 as used by Boeing--

Just having some fun, not putting sand in the--

Cordially. Overbore

hint: my e-mail has 747 in it

18. Quigley_Sharps

Sturgis 09 got this from a friend today. [​IMG] A hailstorm in SoDak in August??? Who'd have thunk it?? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THIS was found 2 HOURS after it went thru.

[​IMG]

After the storm, people returned to assess the damage to their vehicles. A blue <nobr style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_6_0">Saturn[​IMG]</nobr> near us had a fist-sized hole in the driver’s side fender. Countless windows were knocked out, while others were peppered with holes. Cars hoods were cratered, E-Z ups were blown over trailers, and motorcycles sustained major damage. Tents at the Buffalo Chip Campground were flattened, newer RVs fared the best, while older tin ones were heavily pock marked.

19. ghrit

Wow. Well. Storms do happen out there now and then, but in August? Very strange. Not so strange in July, tho'. When I came over the Lolo Pass quite a few years ago, we had to chain up. Not a fun trip. Right after we got thru Rapid City the next day, it snowed just to make things interesting. I hope those folks all have insurance, some of those fixes are going to be expensive. Where did they shelter while the sky was falling?

20. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Justgotbackfrom a 4 day vintage bike show and swapmeet in Seymour wisconsin where we put on a dirt flattrack race and hung out wth the regulars : One the larger than life Kenosha norton racer T.C.Christensen.T.C. built the double engine norton "the hogslayer" in the seventies and rode it into the record books. The original double is in a museum somewhere, he acquired a triple engine version that he takes around with him,to shows. T.c. is some cool kat! The last of the party hearty from that era... and still pickin' up all the woman he can schedule into the motorhome at shows!

<center>[SIZE=+2] (This is reproduced from Ozbike Thunder Down Under, an Australian lifestyle magazine.)

[/SIZE]</center> [SIZE=+2]On the first day, God created the Heavens, the Earth, and the Wisemans Ferry Road. But He wasn't too happy, His Kingswood (automobile) would sway on the corners, crawl up the hills, and use heaps of juice. On the second day, God took a new tack, and created the step through. He enjoyed the wind in His hair (He hadn't created helmets then), it was fun, and used bugger-all petrol, but it sill crawled up the hills. On the third day, God created the Honda Four, and it flew up the hills. With four into ones, it sounded better, it never broke down, but the corners remained a problem. Yet He had tasted power, and craved for more. Thus, on the fourth day, He added two more cylinders to His Honda, and created adrenaline. His insurance premiums doubled, and it cost a fortune to get the tappets done. He also created fear (His hair turned white), and the cliche "enough is enough". On the fifth day, God blew a couple of joints, had a rap with Willie G., and created the Harley Davidson. He would cruise up and down the hills in top gear, and pick up heaps of babes. He would get off on the note. But the Hog was too heavy, broke down a lot and handled like the Kingswood. Then, on the sixth day, He made the Bonneville. He would still pick up babes outside Wisemans Pub, and it sounded good. His bike was light, and for the first time, the corners were fun. It handled! God was stoked. But the vibration gave Him a pain in the arse, His kidneys were history, it was a touch gutless and He ran out of juice every 100 miles. He wasn't happy, but shit, He was close. So finally, on the seventh day, God produced a motorcycle with the speed of a Honda, the torque of a Harley and the handling of a Triumph. He could afford the petrol, tune it Himself, pick up chicks and still blow off Ducatis through the corners. He called His bike NORTON and He was happy.

http://www.nortonhogslayer.com/bio.htm[/SIZE][SIZE=+2][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/SIZE]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7