The creek outside our door

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by GOG, Feb 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Mineral & Water Rights are a State Issue, on Private Land... They are usually tied to the Land Title of the Property, and must be noted on the Land Title if they have been severed from the Land, per State Statutes... In Alaska, ALL Mineral Rights were reserved by the State, from any land that passed thru the State, into Private hands, thru the Municiple Land Act which was passed soon after Statehood. Water Rights must be applied for by Permit, thru the Dept of Natural Resources, Water Division... First you file an Application of Use, and document actual Use of the Water, then that goes into a Pile, and they will get around to your application, sometime down the road... It took us 3 years to get ours for the Beach Lot which we just Sold, and it took the previous owners of our new place, 7 years to get theirs, which is now ours...

2. I am not positive but I don't think You can legally dam your stream. Navigable Waterways act of 18??. It would be nice for drinking water, power gen and a source of water for fire fighting.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Not dam the stream, but a few well place boulders could produce enough of a raceway to generate some power. More, I think; that fish and game would get upset if the stream supports migratory fish and spawning beds.

Plus a dam makes you liable for any damage downstream should there be a failure.

GOG, oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Run a hose/pipe up stream as far as you are allowed and build a cistern at that level near the house.
    Let the over flow be the govern on how much demand the turbine generator needs to function. factor volume and distance of fall .

GOG, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

children,,, ill poof mine
    Grow on

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Import a beaver family,Natures very on dam builders!

GOG likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    This beach is right in my neighborhood.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. ColtCarbine
  4. duane
  5. Ganado
  6. Sojourn
  7. DKR
  8. deMolay
  9. Ganado
  10. Motomom34
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid