The Beer Tent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, Sep 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[​IMG]

2. enough

enough Monkey++

Two carboys are filled at home. One is a Belgian Saison that is nearly a year old, still has 6 months to go. The other is a sweet oatmeal porter, to be ready for deer camp.

Also, I found a four pack of sammi claus at a local store. That was major score!

3. MagnaWolf

MagnaWolf Monkey+

Enjoying a six pack of Tuborg Gold Premium. Danish gold :)

4. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Checking in

Well, been spending time in the Canadian northwest with a beer called something like kokanee. I think it's pronounced something like "cocaine-ee.". Good stuff, and a good enough training beer in preparation for deer camp. I was a little disappointed that mcdonalds in Canada did not offer gravy as a dipping sauce, but it was a nice trip nevertheless.

Two weeks out from deer camp, and a lot of cheese to buy...

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Now you're just teasing.

I would walk there if I could get away. It's sick that it's on my calender as well as the wifes.
    Maybe a spring deercamp-redux sans the deer is in order? Clyde?

All we need is firewood, ammo and booze.

6. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Thinking Magic Hat #9 will be my beer of choice for the opener. I have a couple elk steaks coming as well.

Man, what I'd do for a coq au vin!

7. melbo

Sh*t, you need to move Deercamp west! i saw a herd of around 80 elk outside my job trailer Friday.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

9. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

We need a tutorial for homemade beer!!! I have drank some in the last few months but none I would brag about! Two things I miss most about civilization, cold beer, and ice cold beer!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

11. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]

Clyde friends of yours ??? LOL

12. engr

engr Monkey+

I will stick with Jack Daniels

13. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

ALAKAZAM - Ask and ye shall receive:

Simplest Homemade Beer - Eartheasy.com Solutions for Sustainable Living

A hundred web sites out there about home-brewing and the one I posted is about sustainable home brewing.

Beer is liquid bread. It is a way to preserve the nutritive content of grain without spoilage. It is also what the Europeans drank in the dim and misty days of yore because sanitation as we know it did not exist and the water was gag-a-maggot nasty and nearly deadly.

Small beers (low alcohol beer) drank throughout the day. Beer/Ale with meals.

Heck sailors even drank grog (water cut with RUM [original post said BRANDY - thanks for catching this ghrit]) because barreled water got nasty foul after a few weeks and grog was the only way to get enough fluids without getting the "hershey squirts" of death - aka Dysentery.

There is even a legendary substance (the straight regular mead I tried tasted nasty as the day is long) called Mead. Drink of the VIKING HORDE , JA!

14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That was/is actually rum not brandy (at least since the early 1800s) but the rest is accurate; the fo'c'sl head got used often enough as it was with hardtack and salt pork. Commonwealth nations (Brits and Canucks, anyway) issued a daily ration of grog to the sailors up thru the 70s. Dunno about now.

15. Falcon15

My mistake I was thinking rum and typed Brandy...Fruedian slip perhaps? Modern Sailors still got a "grog" ration or rum "tot" in the 80's. - Allow me to be very specific as to this: this was not a USN sanctioned ration. It was at the discrepancy of the CO and came out of his fund.

16. melbo

Drank too much beer over the holiday.

17. Minuteman

Drank too much fake beer over the holiday! Blech!!!!!!
    Golf 015.

18. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I found out recently that gluten messes me up, but Budweiser makes a beer called Red Bridge which is made out of Sorghum and it tastes great.

19. Minuteman

They have fruit flavored Budwieser here! Strawberry, cherry etc. I haven't tried any of those. I can deal with the no alcohol, but fruit flavored, that just aint right!!

20. Falcon15

The only fruit flavored beers I have ever tried were mediocre at best. Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat and a micro brew when I was in Denver called "Berry Beer" - this was back in the early 90's when the micro-brewing craze was kicking off well and good. I do not remember the brewery that made Berry Beer, but it was memorable if only in the fact that it really tasted like blackberries.

The berry/cherry flavors are a bit off putting, adding a sweet profile to beer I am not a fan of. Leave sweet to the liqueur crowd. I prefer bock beers over any other types. I'll drink a pilsner in a pinch. Pale ales, not my cup-o-tea. Hefty dark stouts are overbearing most times. Bock to me is the perfect marriage of flavors. Then again, I was raised drinking bock-style beers. Comes from the German side of the family. The Irish side preferred whiskey.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Ganado
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Altoidfishfins
  7. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. Witch Doctor 01
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. AxesAreBetter
  15. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  16. chelloveck
  17. 3M-TA3
  18. Yard Dart
  19. OldDude49
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7