The Beer Tent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, Sep 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Did I just read that? Perhaps I should go back to 3:2 beer and call it beer. Limes are for margaritas. Barley/Malt/Yeast/Hops/Water.......that about wraps it up for me.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

3. shawn

shawn Monkey++

hi guys! im new here in this forum. i love beer especially when i go to a camp, i bring my tube tent and gadgets and a lots of beer...hahaha wanna join?! just email me!
    thanks!

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

<MARQUEE scrollAmount=5 width="100%">[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]</MARQUEE>

5. Clyde

I am accidentally having my 2nd Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at 2:12 pm MI time. Awaiting your call. I thinking of ordering these beers soon!
    beer1. beer2. beer4.

6. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Anybody had an "Irish Car Bomb"? I was on a road trip the other day and we stopped and ate lunch at this Irish Pub. I was looking over the drink menu, getting ready to order a pint of Guinness or Smithwicks when I came across this. A half pint of Guinness with a double shot on the side of half Jameson Irish Whiskey and half Baily's Irish Cream. You drop the shot glass in the Guinness and chug it down. Man that is some good stuff. You get the full Guinness taste at first but then the you taste the whiskey and finish it off with the sweetness of the Baily's.
    Too bad I was driving and we had to hit the road. Next time I go that way I'm going to get a room and take a taxi to the pub and spend the afternoon getting "bombed".

7. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Yeah the aftermath of a night out drinking these ain't so pretty... The first 4 go down sooooo nice. They will catch up with you in the end though. Do not be fooled!

Byte

8. Clyde

It's 6:15 pm. I am wasted!

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

James Boag's

10. Clyde

Steinlager. LAX. ANZ. YUM. Good Friends

[woot]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

TUI

12. Clyde

Leinenkugels Cream Dark

Its pretty Creamy.

13. Clyde

Bells Amber Ale

Still my favorite beer next to Oberon

Our flagship beer is made from mostly pale malt with some Munich and caramel malts. This gives it a slightly sweet flavor that is balanced by a melange of American hops. The result is a deep copper color and rich flavor.
    1_8_Amber_Ale_Label.

14. Clyde

Bell's Oberon

Just getting ready to come into season. If you can get your hands on this beer, put a small slice of orange into it. You will love it.
    1__Oberon_Label.

15. Clyde

This one is for Melbo. This is the only Hefeweizen I have liked. The Plank family has owned and operated this brewery since 1617.....yes, and the guy running it is the 16th generation brewer.
    image5321.

16. Clyde

Looks like me just posting to myself. Ok.

The more beer I drink today, the better I understand international geopolitical economics and politics. In fact, if I drink two more Belgian ales, I may reach a nirvannic understanding of the supreme leader, Obama.

If is wanted to set-up a non-profit beer tasting company that traveled the world reviewing beer, would you all support me?

17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sure. In fact, I'll volunteer to act as your CFO. Collections and disbursements, I can handle from here. (Make sure you leave with enough to get home ---.) [woot]

[boozingbuddies]

18. hog

hog Drinking Mampoer.

Castle Lager or Windhoek Lager for me please, all others are imposters.

19. hog

hog Drinking Mampoer.

Double post sorry, so make mine a double!!!

20. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Poor worker bees....

Lunch-only beer policy prompts Carlsberg strike in brewery

Scores of Carlsberg workers walked off their jobs in protest today after the Danish brewer tightened laid-back rules on workplace drinking and removed beer coolers from work sites.

The warehouse and production workers in Denmark are rebelling against the company's new alcohol policy, which allows them to drink beer only during lunch hours in the canteen. Previously, they could help themselves to beer throughout the day, from coolers placed around the work sites.

The only restriction was "that you could not be drunk at work. It was up to each and everyone to be responsible," company spokesman Jens Bekke said. Carlsberg had mulled a stricter drinking policy for years and finally decided to impose the new rules on April 1, prompting protests from the staff.

Bekke said around 800 workers went on strike yesterday and around 250 walked off their jobs today, resulting in interruptions to beer transports in and around Copenhagen.

Carlsberg's truck drivers joined the strike in sympathy - even though they are exempt from the new rules, Bekke said. The truck drivers are permitted to bring three beers from the canteen because they often don't have time to have lunch there.

The trucks have alcohol ignition locks preventing the drivers from driving drunk, he added.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Ganado
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Altoidfishfins
  7. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. Witch Doctor 01
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. AxesAreBetter
  15. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  16. chelloveck
  17. 3M-TA3
  18. Yard Dart
  19. OldDude49
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7