The Beer Tent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, Sep 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

its 5:35 pm. I am drunk. In florida warmth for a wonderful family vacation. If things go well, I wll go fishing tonight with a twelve pack and pass out. It certainly is difficult to drink around your parents and children and wife without showing too much.

Glenlivet to get hammered. heinenken to keep it going, maybe I will get lucky tonight....[touchdown] doubt it!

2. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Ahhhhh.....beer. I just sat here reading every last post and missing beer more and more. I'm stationed in Iraq right now, and though I AM allowed to fight and die for these people's "freedom" I"m not actually allowed to exercise any of my own...hence no alcoholic beer allowed. They do sell two or three types on non-alcoholic beer, but what's the point? What I wouldn't do right now for a nice cold beer with condensation collecting on the bottle....ahhhhhhh. I think I"m going to go shoot something. Good posts.

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yep...

[​IMG]

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

This last weekend (6-8) was Alcohol Free Weekend. I didn't list it with the other holidays. I mean; how would one celebrate? ;)

5. Clyde

Well, I celebrated that day with beer for 2 days!

NO!![winkthumb]

6. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

I 'celebrated' with several lady-like glasses of wine. Does that count?

~Falcon

7. CRC

A recent survey revealed that the average American walks 900 miles per year.

Another survey revealed that the average American consumes 20 gallons of beer per year.

Conclusion: The average American gets 45 miles per gallon. [​IMG]

8. Tracy

[fnny]

9. CRC

10. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

Oh man, too bad that's in far away Idaho --- no need to talk husband into attending something like that! All in the name of science, of course.

Except that weekend I have a fiber festival to attend nearby - and perhaps the opportunity to launch a new sideline business, as well.

If anyone goes to this little get-together, please feel free to enjoy my samples in my stead ;).

~Falcon

11. wolfmonk

wolfmonk Monkey+++

12. Clyde

That is a good beer. If you can find it, the Bells Pale Ale as it has a similar flavor and it comes in a six pack not a 4 pack:
    dpm_lb_paleale2005.

13. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Stay away from anything called HopSlam... I think the label tells you it's brutal on the tongue. The label don't lie.

14. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Red Tail Ale has been my choice of late (althought I've been out-of-stock for about 1 month). It tastes good in the bottle; haven't tried it on tap. Plus, you can get it for a reasonable price by the case at Costco :^)
    RTA121206A.

15. melbo

Oh CLyde!!

Whoa is us!
    A great gnashing of teeth!

Totally out of all the beer you gave me on 4-15. we didn't even make it 20 days. But. and this is the problem.... I did have 3 sneaky beers left in the shop. I wasn't really saving them but trying to forget them. cracked a HopSlam now and WHOOOOOA YUCKLEDUCKFAY!!!!

Oh man. Thats ruff. maybe it should be chilled? maybe not. I like hot pabst at times....

10% alocohol? wth?

[​IMG]

anyone interested in this obsession with a small microbrewer in Kalamazoo can visit the lineup here:
    http://bellsbeer.com/

as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD, (and not drink Bells anymore).

whooo. 10% beer. thats 20 proof for those south of me....

16. Tracy

American Craft Brew Week's almost here!!

[beer]Get ready, dear brew lovers. 'Tis almost American Craft Brew Week.

[beer] It's the week where you can Celebrate the Flavor and Diversity of American Craft Beer!
    [beer] May 14-20, 2007 is designated as a time for all legal-drinking-age Americans to explore and celebrate the flavorful beverages produced by our small, traditional and independent brewers.

[beer]By preparing ahead, you can print out your passport to Join the Great American Beer Tour
    [beer] "What's that?" you ask.
    [beer] By visiting breweries during American Craft Beer Week, you can earn a free pair of pint glasses, an embroidered shirt and even a free trip to the Great American Beer Festival[beer] in Colorado this September. (Except for Californians... all they get is a certificate)

17. Clyde

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="631"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="5">
    </td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> </tr> <tr valign="baseline"> <td class="BrandName" height="33">

Bell's Brewery, Inc.</td> <td class="byline" align="right" height="33">Makers of Beer, Ale, Porter & Stout</td> </tr> <tr> <td>[​IMG]</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="631"> <tbody><tr> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> </tr> <tr> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">[​IMG]</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="632"> <tbody><tr> <td class="heading">Bell's Brands . . .</td> <td align="center"> Distributors | Brands </td> </tr> <tr> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td>[​IMG]</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" class="tableHeading">Hopslam Ale </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="275"> [​IMG]
    </td> <td width="345"> A biting, bitter, tongue bruiser of an ale. With a name like Hopslam, what did you expect? Orignal gravity: TBD
    <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="300"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">Original Gravity:</td> <td width="165"> 0 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">Alcohol by Volume:</td> <td width="165"> 10.0% </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">Packaging Available:</td> <td width="165"> 4/6/12 oz bottles (case)
    15.5 gl keg GOOD NEWS, IT COMES IN A KEG! [own2]
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">UPC:</td> <td width="165"> 7 4052210421 2 - 12 Oz. Label
    7 4052210423 6 - Six Pack
    7 4052210420 5 - Case </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">Availability:</td> <td width="165"> Release date: October 20 </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

18. Clyde

I willl bet some of these next fall:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" class="tableHeading">Hell Hath No Fury ... Ale </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="275"> [​IMG]
    </td> <td width="345"> A brew that gives you either sympathy for the devil or the courage to face him (or her!). Goes especially well with your favorite lost my girl/truck/dog/trailer song.
    <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="300"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">Original Gravity:</td> <td width="165"> 1.088 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">Alcohol by Volume:</td> <td width="165"> 7.5% </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">Packaging Available:</td> <td width="165"> 4/6/12 oz bottles (case)
    15.5 gl keg
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">UPC:</td> <td width="165"> 7 4052210401 4 - 12 Oz. Label
    7 4052210403 8 - Six Pack
    7 4052210400 7 - Case </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="125">Availability:</td> <td width="165"> Release date: October 10 </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

19. Clyde

[​IMG] Final Absolution Belgian Style Trippel
    Dragonmead's signature product! This is the ultimate Belgian style. The very high gravity of this beer is balanced by the smoothness of its finish. Banana and Clove aromas come from the Belgian yeast strain combining with the generous dose of Belgian Candi Sugar. The Saaz hops help to give this beer a balanced bitterness with no noticeable hop aroma. O.G. 1.085, ABV 8.5%

MMM mmmmmmmmmm Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

20. melbo

What is a good breakfast beer?

1. Dunerunner
  2. Ganado
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Altoidfishfins
  7. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. Witch Doctor 01
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. AxesAreBetter
  15. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  16. chelloveck
  17. 3M-TA3
  18. Yard Dart
  19. OldDude49
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7