Tell me your favorite bug recipe

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Sapper John, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

Before the bug season gets real bad, I take a small tablespoon of vinegar daily. I don't know if I smell like a pickle or not but it reduces the bites a lot. Now if I could just keep 'em at a distance. They'll still cloud in very close.
    GB

2. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

When I got out of the Military, they bought me a buss ticket home from out processing. I met these to guys from England traveling across the states on vacation. They would bus to a destination and then hitchhike around from there. They invited me to go with them.
    After a few days of some heavy partying in Seattle, we decided to hitch hike through Canada, We ended up in Vancouver BC for a couple more wild days and the headed North, hitching our way towards Alaska. Right about the time we got close to Prince George Sound, we hit a dry spot in the rides. We pitched our tent and settled in for the night.
    The next morning They were both so Mosquito Bitten they looked like monsters! I had a couple of bites, nothing to wine "aboot". lol
    They freaked out and we decided to head back to Vancouver.
    While we were standing on the road waiting for cars, swarms of Mosquito's descended on us, Trillions, it was like a Horror movie!!
    For some reason they were not biting me but were eating my 2 freind's alive. To this day I cannot explain why. I do wish I knew what it was aboot me that the mosquito's found unappetizing though!
    MUST HAVE BEEN TEA TIME!!!

3. wastelander

wastelander Bad English, bare with me

I don't eat bugs if I can help it and I'm not sure what defines a bug in English. In the army we ate earthworms a couple of times and it was not one of my favourites, although not as revolting as I thought it would be. I swallow some flies and such when I'm out mountainbiking during the summer. It's a nice crunchy snack I guess ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7