Survivalmonkey Anniversary Trivia Contest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ah, no. Quigs came in on the second day after the site went live. There turns out to be a rather tedious way to get at the "right" answer, but it'll take some digging in the right pile. A hint: The date was July 30, 2005.

Brokor likes this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

LOL G, we may be old but we're still pretty damn good

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

that smells ah name change to me...... hmmmm

4. ghrit

Nope, no change. There have been half a dozen username changes along the way, but not this one.

Yard Dart and RightHand like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

EXTREMELY tedious, LOL!
    But, there's an easy way to tell once you do find the member...we all have a number. =)
    That's all I am saying.

Yard Dart likes this.
  6. Yard Dart

I am half way thru the pile dirty dog.... figured it out ehh ?!

Got it..... :p
    Lets see who else can find it..... tedious indeed.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  7. Yard Dart

I will have to say after that bird-dog hunt.... some of you have either excellent memories, excellent research ability.... or all of the above.... good grief. [respect]

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Trivia Question 27 - July 27, 2015

Which 2 members became LEO's after joining SM? (One is easy, the other slightly more challenging)

9. ghrit

Digging --- One used to climb trees for a living, the other's a mystery. (Tackleberry was a LEO before joining.)

10. RightHand

You're half way there g. [applaud]

11. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Is the tree climber from MO? If so I don't know the other.

RightHand likes this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Must be E.L.

Mountainman and RightHand like this.
  13. RightHand

Ding Ding Ding Good job ghrit, Mountainman and BT. This wasn't an earth shaking question, just a little bit of fun history so the newer members get to know a little of our history.

Tully Mars likes this.
  14. RightHand

Trivia Question 29 - July 29, 2015
    Think you know your SM friends? Which member is "Insatiably Curious?"

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Tracy

Tully Mars, RightHand and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

I had a 46 Cadillac Hearse for a while, but I live in an RV, not a houseboat, so it's not me.

RightHand likes this.
  17. RightHand

Trivia Question 30 - July 30, 2015
    Blood Sports - a 3 Part Question

Part 1 - Which blood type is know as the Universal Blood Donor. While not truly universal, certainly safe for many others to
    receive

Part 2 - What thread taught us the correct way to apply a tourniquet

Part 3 - What thread discussed measuring blood pressure without equipment -

18. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

1) O Neg
    2) I don't know as I do it the way my wife taught me..:D

Motomom34 likes this.
  19. RightHand

Trivia Question 31 - July 31, 2015

Who gave us these words of wisdom and encouragement

Nope....You just never know how strong you are until it's your only choice.....

I love unforgettable laughter, and afternoons getting to know people....And wearing flip flops...

I never said I'd die without my coffee....I said other people would.

A girl should be two things. Who, and what she wants. And I'm happily accomplishing both these days!

There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday mornin'....:)

I am so grateful for old friends, new friends, the music that brought us all together....and road trips.

Fire? Shorts, Flip Flops....Beautiful Sunsets....Lucky enough to live on blue water. :)

Women & cats will do as they please, and Men & dogs should just relax and get used to the idea. :p

She couldn't help thinking there was a little more to Life somewhere else, after all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to........

I've actually been to Swine Time in Climax, GA...where they celebrate Chitlin's....(chitterlings) They even have a Swine Queen, and her court...

Just being Southern is enough to get judged these days...I swear, everyone thinks we're all uneducated, bigoted, racist, and stupid to boot....

If I were to be judged on something I said 20-30 yrs ago...? I'd go to jail.....just sayin'....

It's a new day, and I woke up happy. I'm spending time with my Berkley today and so grateful for that...There's food in the pantry, money in the bank, and gas in the car, music in my life...It's gonna be a good day Scooter...

As we end our month long trip through the meandering roads of our little digital village, it only seems fitting that on this July 31, our 10th Anniversary, we conclude with memories of CRC - Connie Colcord, our friend and fellow traveler. She had a heart that had room for love, laughter, music, and more friends than anyone else I know.

TLynn, Tracy, CRC and I all met when we were "The Women of Warrifles" but on July 31st, 2005, we became the "Women of SurvivalMonkey" where 3 of us stayed on for the next 10 years. Our kinship was more than just being women navigating the world. We were as much alike and as we were different so the bond of natural friendship that we formed a dozen years ago has endured and grown more robust as it was seasoned with time. A few of you may remember the first few weeks of SM and the drama - the four of us were like young women heady with their first taste of adulthood as we joined our male friends in building this new community. It was an exciting time. We shared laughter and tears, our joys and fears for our families, our roles as daughters, wives, mothers, lovers, and friends. We told stories and jokes as well as sharing excitement and grief. We didn't waste time with petty stuff preferring to just get down to the basics. We were survivors who would survive and thrive together.

Connie will remain as much a part of SM as she will remain the friend who's presence can only be remembered but in the remembering, will live on in our hearts. She will be missed

This one's just for Connie
    I come from where the River meets the Sea.....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  20. Yard Dart

:5s:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7