Supply issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TnAndy, Jul 30, 2021.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The soy bois don't have the ability to fix even the obvious. Self reliance is no longer a part of our culture an hasn't been for a couple of generations especially since the govt is now your parent and nobody has to work.

A few months back a guy asked on FaceBook if there were any places that could replace his spark plugs for less than a few hundred dollars. I replied go to the parts store and spend 30 bux on plugs and a wrench and do it yourself in a few minutes.

You would have thought I asked him to set himself on fire, and all the young guys thought I was nuts, especially since I threw in checking fluids and changing oil and filters while he was at it. Not surprising that everyone who liked my post was female. Hint for all the guys who haven't figured it out - women tend to like men who are men.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  2. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

My father was a product of depression parents and he fixed every thing and passed that on to me and I passed it on to my boys. I was feeling lazy so I took my RAM truck to have the plugs changed. When I heard what the cost was I said no thank you I'll do it myself. Plugs were 78 bucks two plugs per cylinder and about 2 hours of my time. Had a 26 year old AC unit kept it running by fixing it myself the only reason I replaced it was the mother board went bad ( soldered it once) and could not fix it again and the part was obsolete. I have friends that can't
    fix anything. Sad what many have become------- dependent dependent dependent

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I talked with a guy I get all of my trailer supplies, dump bed supplies , etc , from about a year ago . He said one day ,, " ya know ,, we were born about 10 years early,, he said in a couple years , people that can do what we can , will be able to name their price for their services. "
    He was 100% right.

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Another in the works from the Gates bunch !!
    S

Oddcaliber, crowdaddy and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7