Some morning thoughts...Plastic Pollution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, May 21, 2019.

1. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Don't let anyone kid you, Trex does split and crack. It MAY outlast treated lumber, that remains to be seen. I have Trex decking on a pressure treated frame. The decking is splitting, about 10 years old. Not a bad life, but will not last forever.

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Your are the first I have heard of failure .
    Probably the earliest of the production were better made and the demand has been compromised ,
    I would notify the manufacture.

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

There was a batch , brand , not sure which manufacturer it was , that came out a few years back , and it was prone to splitting , a lot of it was replaced by the manufacturer .

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Every thing in manufacture is prone to failure even trees split in the woods.
    If I were building a home I would strongly consider recycled materials not that I'm a greeney but I have been recycling all my life . long before the word was coined.
    As a kid in the 50s the neighbors gave us cast offs all the time and we even picked stuff out of trash cans we valued.
    neither a badge of pride nor same , I think of my self as NOT WASTEFUL . probably why I learned how to fix every thing.

Gator 45/70, oldawg and SB21 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah, my neighbor threw out a perfectly good Honda engine on an old brokeback mower frame.
    I asked for and received the engine, Change the oil and mounted it to a Murray frame, Cut 1/2 off the blade and Franken mower throws grass sticks and rocks. It's like a lil Bush hog

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7