So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

they buy them for the guys on the crew and i wound up with 3 of them...
    everyone says O big deal a free bright oange knife with a fixed blade and just leaves them laying around and I pick them up....

2. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Just bought a Ribz front pack as an add on for EDC or BOB. Looking forward to its arrival. Will let you all know what I think about it when it gets here.

Brokor likes this.
  3. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

This week we put away some jerked veniswine, a pint of tallow and homemade concentrated beef broth. Two 'Grabber' all weather space blankets (nice because they're heavy duty and have grommets at the corners). No hardware again for a while.

4. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i just looked at them things .. they look lie they can be pretty handy .. im interested in seeing what u think about the durability!

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

@KAS - A YouTube user I like to keep tabs on, Crocket likes to use the Ribz pack setup, and he frequently uses them. You can watch at his channel if you would like to find out more. I am hoping some of our Mokey's decide to post their own write-ups or video reviews. Although I do not favor this type of equipment and lean toward leg packs, they are still pretty functional and durable.

6. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

Like twitter, LOL, and other things relevant to the culture, I'm still learning the terminology. What is EDC? Seeing 'BOB' confused the h*ll outta me for ages 'til someone explained it to me. I literally used to wonder," Who on earth is Bob and why do people care?", honest! Someone should put together a dictionary of these terms for thise of us that aren't up to speed.

7. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

sir there isone on here i seen it somewere but im sure one of these computer people can tell us !!!

ExHelot likes this.
  8. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

ISHS...I sure hope so;) Really though, I would. Thanks, KAS.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

every day carry. Not 'puter, just prepper.

ExHelot likes this.
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm working on trying to pick them up as I go. Cross reference sheet would be useful.

ExHelot likes this.
  11. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

LOL. Sorry about that. I work IT, & I work with acronyms all day long. Prepper related acronyms that I know of so far (and I'm still learning them, myself) -

BOB - bug out bag (aka GOOD bag - for "get out of dodge" bag)
    EDC - every day carry
    GHB - get home bag
    BOL - bug out location
    BOV - bug out vehicle

Man, I don't even know how many others there may be...

And dragging this back on topic (sorry folks), I received the Ribz pack today. Haven't had time to do anything with it yet, but I'm pretty impressed with the quick shipping time. I'll take some pics and do a review once I get to load it and play with it a bit.

kellory and ExHelot like this.
  12. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

Sorry about the rabbit trail folks. I'll try to keep things tight in the future. Any one who would care to educate me, please feel free to leave a message in my inbox.

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

a working chainsaw (newly reconditioned), a polesaw, a 2 burner cast iron counter propane (outside) cookstove, and a new pto shaft for my tractor. Merry Early Christmas to me.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

One tri band HT transceiver.

Merry Christmas to me.

VisuTrac and BTPost like this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Finally have my Backup HF Transceiver setup, and all the optional filters installed. Ongoing project for the last 6 months. Still a few wiring issues to resolve, with the Data-Controllers, but they are minor.

ghrit likes this.
  16. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

1000 more 22

17. hedger

hedger Monkey+

EDC: Every Day Carry
    BOB: Bug Out Bag
    Some people prefer to call it a Get Home bag or a Get Out Of Dodge Bag.

Keep asking questions, there are lots of friendly monkeys; I still learn new things myself, too.

ExHelot likes this.
  18. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I just learned "teotwawki" the end of the world as we know it.

ExHelot likes this.
  19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

DYKYGFIHLM means "dont ya know your girlfriend is hot like me." -best not to use it unless you're a chick or very comfortable with your masculinity.

Oh, and I put away some dehydrated hash browns this week. Woot!

20. nontypical

nontypical Monkey++

100rnds of .223, case of ramen, and 2 more magpul ar-15 mags.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner