So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Could be a squirrel thing.

2. Got my R&D workshop better readied to make the jigs and fixtures for the pods. Put a new MoBo in that computater and am back on my way to code monkeying and design monkeying...

More aluminum and vehicle tail light housings...

3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Keep buying aluminum. It's good for business.

4. hedger

hedger Monkey+

I am absolutely ignorant about how effective silver solution antimicrobial gel is for de-germing. How does it compare to a brand name triple antibiotic creme? Are there special advantages to using the silver-based product?

5. hedger

hedger Monkey+

I love Wal-Mart--gonna check that out!

Thanks for the tip!

6. Turtle

Turtle Monkey+

i got a pair of work gloves yesterday...i know it's not much but they were free...possibility of a few additional pairs :oops:

7. Evil

Evil A rock n roll girl loving life!

48 pack AA batteries and 36oz bottle of peroxide... little here little there...my issue is storage right now. I can't store anything till I have a place to put it!

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Received a critical pcb for my second HF Tranceiver, today. Installed it, and that radio is now OnLine. I still have some optional Filters, outstanding, and a pair of accessory Plugs. The Plugs will be used to mate the Radio up to my Digital Mode Modems.

9. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

Box of .38 specials.

10. Turtle

Turtle Monkey+

I got some batteries,irish spring soap and found some free dutch oven recipes

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I've put away my sanity until after the re-election show. Oh and turned off the phone, it's political "Vote for Me" recordings all day long.

Evil and ghrit like this.
  12. Turtle

Turtle Monkey+

In Canada we don't have those robocalls...i think they're even illegal here :)

13. Citizens for Civil Discourse

VisuTrac likes this.
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I've actually been having fun with some of them and the pollsters. I listen for a minute, advise them that the tenets of their polls are seriously flawed and then ask to speak to their supervisor.

what would have been normally a 3 minute get out the vote, or vote for this candidate or the other turns into a 15 minute discourse/diatribe on there being more than 2 political parties and that they had best not try forcing people into their nice tailored mainstream media flawed view of the American populace unless they want to end up on welfare as the independents regain control of the country and send them off into the political hinterlands

Longest so far was nearly 20 minutes and 2 upline supervisors. What fun!

I figure if they are going to screw with my dinner, I'm going to give some back and hopefully someone won't make quota.

kellory, oldawg and MNMGoneShooting like this.
  15. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Last week actually. 100 gals of unleaded gas. Best part, 70 of it at $2.12/gal and the remaining 30 gallons at $3.09 / gal. I'll widdle this down to around 40 then refill.

AT

16. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Where in the store were they stocking this? I checked two Walmarts so far and nothing nor did the employees I asked recall seeing anythings. Thanks.
    AT

17. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

were did u find gas for 2.12 a gallon?

18. Evil

Evil A rock n roll girl loving life!

I'm heading to a hiking/camping/outdoors impromptu swap meet through Meetup tomorrow. hoping to get a tent, hammock, and packs. then heading to our BIG flea Market here in Northern CA. Looking for things I have never had on my radar before. Indoor alternate heating system (we only have pellet stove, but have a wood stove I saved that we can put back in if have to). Extra gas cans, long term BOB, BOB's for my husband and mother. I am looking forward to reporting back Sunday with a HUGE list of things to mark off my list.

since I have sorta just started...what should I really keep an eye out for?

19. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Gas got cheap in town down to $3.12/gal. The local Kroger affliate store has a point system, 10 cents off each gal for each 100 points with a limit of $1.00 a gal off and 35 gallons. One point per dollar spent but they have double points for gift cards. Last month they ran a promotion of quaduple points for gift card purchases. We do shop some with Amazon so we bought 500 bucks worth of Amazon.com gift cards we'll use ourselves and got 2000 points. I have a 100 gal tank I haul to town and fill when gas is cheap and then use when gas prices are high. I estimate we save about 400 bucks a year doing this (I commute). I try to keep it at least half full most of the time. Sometimes when price is high and the world and weather look stable for the next week, I'll run it down then re-fill. Got the tank at a farm store with a 12v pump and I lift it on and off a trailer with my tractor. Pondering a second tank for diesel fuel. Beats the jerry cans but we have those two.

AT

VisuTrac and BTPost like this.
  20. sixfifty

sixfifty Monkey+

Coffee! Found Folgers 2.2 lb. plastic 'cans' on sale, grabbed half a dozen of them; all had 'best by' dates of Dec. 2013

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner