So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

As part of the change of focus from "bug in" to "bugout" (considering a blog post on this process), I acquired 2 8 person rafts from a local raft rental that was upgrading.

Oops...looks like the blogs didn't make the move to the current software...

2. Evil

Evil A rock n roll girl loving life!

Hi Ghrit, impressed to see a admin respond to my first post... liking your forum more and more! I do know where I am going, via highway, train tracks, or trail as well as picking up my brother's family, and meeting up with my father (that man is a cockroach will survive anything biglaff ). As for the 3-3-3...no hadn't put it into that way of thinking but falls under what I was calling short term, mid term, long term. I have so much of what is needed, it is just a matter of getting my "$hit together". I have recently been looking at property further up in the Serria Nevada's to start a deep wood hold up. As I read more and more I am sure I will find I have a LOT more to think about and do!

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Evil, You will find that this place is very different from any other site, around the Net... The founders have made this a place where Family Values, are very important. Hang'en out here, is like going to GrandMa's for a Big Family Dinner, and discussing the Families Preps, and Contingency Plans, for life's situations. So, Join in our Monkey Family discussions, and feel free to share your Knowledge Base with the rest of Us.... Out Monkey Tree is full of Good folks, so pick out a branch, and look around...

Evil and Jeff Brackett like this.
  4. Frisian

Frisian Monkey

I ordered 2 pr of boots for my wife and one for myself, 2 tac flashlights, several gear bags.
    Last wk I picked up a 10-22 with a Butler creek folding stock, hi profile sights, and a threaded muzzle.

5. Never can have too many kittens!

6. I bought a little propane heater. Now I need to buy propane and learn how to use it.

7. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

My better half and I keep running low on 9mm hole punch devices. Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing. We have our weekly "date night" at the range, and she genuinely enjoys it. However, we use the hole punches as fast as they come in, even when ordering 1k at a time. So I've gotten sneaky.

Now, each week I "hide" a hundred hole punchers and put them into my stash. And you know, the 1k I just got just didn't quite fit in the safe, so 150 had to be set aside as well.[reddevil]

oldawg and tulianr like this.
  8. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

I have been real busy canning. Chicken I got on sale and 200 lbs. of potatoes.

9. Evil

Evil A rock n roll girl loving life!

OMG [OO] I am so jealous!!! That is an AMAZING price... like .38 each!! Awesome Score! [bow]

pearlselby likes this.
  10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

A few years back I had scored 3 pallets of mixed canning supplies for free. Since then I had used all but about 1.5 pallets. with these 38 cases I am restocked, (I haven't lost but a few of my jars from the initial 3 pallets, those jars are full of food). Now I have tattler lids and seals on my buy list. Thanks for the atta boy. I put a real time alert in the shoutbox as I was buying these supplies. Gotta keep looking there for sales alerts

Evil, pearlselby and Brokor like this.
  11. Turtle

Turtle Monkey+

Some cans of soups and stews and some fuel for my alcohol stove

12. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

I did a lot of canning. We bought two generators and camping trailor.

13. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

7.5 gallons of water and 10 more gallons of fuel.

14. BTPost

Better get things prepared, as the Wx is not look'en Good for your area later this weekend.

15. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Heh, that is why I was asking you what kind of heater to get Bruce! I have everything else covered.

16. BTPost

I have one of those non-vented propane heaters in the store, for when things get down below 20F.... It does work well, and provides about 66K BTUs per hour... It was designed for inside use, and was purchased from Northern Tool.... I also have a combo Smoke/ CO Detector mounted right above it, to monitor its burn for Fire and CO....

TheEconomist likes this.
  17. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

10yds 2" Kerflix tape, 4 Israeli bandages, CAT application tourniquet, multiple Amaranth seed orders for spring planting.
    Got 40' x 4' roll of Reflectix to make an underquilt for my hammock. UQs can be very expensive. I plan to use a double layer of this reflextix as my UQ. I will have a perimeter of brass grommets to keep to two pieces together. I made a number of small elastic band bights that will attach to the grommets with clips to the main ridge line of the hammock. It should be very adjustable so that the UQ rides up close to the bottom of the hammock. Maybe no more 18 degree cold back nites!!
    GB

18. 2Chest1Head

2Chest1Head Monkey+++

Another 12pk of ramen, somemore can goods and a new Gerber fixed blade for EDC.

19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am so freaking prepared, all I have to do is stay conscious and the rest takes care of itself.

What did I put away this week? 1 bag of pistachios.

ditch witch and tacmotusn like this.
  20. BTPost

Nuts....

Brokor likes this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner