So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Considering the state i live in has got a thing about her itage br eed h ogs. I can't say anything without standing guard with my pitch fork. And it's already about 90F outside

Jeff Brackett likes this.
  2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

"Moma" has put up some figs, tomatoes, and more squash. Picked up some fall crop seeds. Nothing like fresh corn just before frost. Relative gave us some Pint jars just in time for jellies/jams/ and preserves.

3. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Just got an under bed gun safe by Amsec. Turns out it will bolt securely onto a shelf in the closet, which is going to be converted into a "safe room" with a secured door, double deadbolts, peephole. For any "bug in" or home invasion situation, it allows us to have the guns secured in the safe room, and still be prepared for home defense in a matter of seconds. Next step is the solid core door for the closet and the deadbolts.

4. Moatengator

Moatengator Monkey

Picked up some more canning supplies,,,& recieved some 5mil & 7mil mylar bags. Boy are they thick!!!

5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

12 pint jars of yellow squash and onions, 6 half pints of green chilies. Fall garden seeds just came in too, and also picked up 2 dozen more canning jars.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

A few muffin's...I like to bake !!!
    muffins (800x600).

7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Careful with them, Gator...you might could put a few pounds on!

This week was socking back bug killer, more food and a 45 foot antenna tower. (I couldn't resist the $30 price tag!)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

So what kind of antenna is going on that tower?

9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Well, the plan is to put the tv, 2m/440 j-pole, wx station and may string a G5RV from it. Currently, they're all on a 25 ft tower that I pieced together from Katrina wreckage.

On the other hand, there is a hamfest coming up in a couple of weeks...may just try to turn a profit and get something I can't live without :) (Whatever that turns out to be!)

10. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Ordered a bunch of seeds. Cream peas, 3 varieties of tomato, 4 varieties of pepper, 3 kinds of cucumber, 3 kinds of lettuce, 2 kinds of broccoli, black beauty eggplant, and Mary Washington asparagus. Gonna start playing around with some small container, hanging gutter, and raised bed / square foot gardening. Wish me luck. :D

11. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I went to Flea Market Saturday. Picked up a couple Ka-bars made in Olean, NY, sum old fashion hand powered tools like a two man saw & drill, 3 yummy bread/cakes a Peach, a Strawberry, & a Blueberry w/ Poppyseeds. They were Good! :)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Dehydrated some tomatoes and herbs (Basil, Lemon balm, parsley & oregano). I've canned 10 pints of blackberry jam and 10 pints of pickles.

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Aww..Mai cher...

My muffin's are having baby's...
    muffin babys 005 (800x600).

Silversnake likes this.
  14. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Built a platform made of treated lumber on cinder blocks for firewood storage 8ft x 6ft stackable 4 ft high. Increases my rain-protected firewood storage from 3/4 cord to 1.5 cord and is scalable to 6 cords.

KAS likes this.
  15. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Those are some FINE looking sinkers Gator.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Got a really nice hand splint right after the doc set the broken bone

17. olderndirt

olderndirt Monkey+

I am new to site, been looking for a while. This week I got in 5 cases #10 cans of lts from LDS and 1 starter kit for my youngest daughter. Dehydrated some peppers, onions and fruit. Canned some green sauce and pickled some peppers. I have about 10 more buckets of wheel weights to sort out and get into muffins too.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Kathy in WV

Kathy in WV Just runnin' the ridges...

olderndirt.... are you the same lady that posts over on the TB2K forums??? If so, you are one of my FAVORITE posters that I read.... just wondering!

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bump B&^%$#@ Because i can...I like roofing vent's..!!!!
    Roofers 002 (800x600).

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ohh wait...
    Roofers 006 (800x600).

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner