So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Seekin178

Seekin178 Monkey

Two hazmat suits - free from work

Work was going to pitch them so I got two hazmat suits for free. I also got two (untested) scuba tanks at a church rummage sale for $5 each.

2. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

Went to Mom's place to visit and found a duffle bag shoved in my old closet full of goodies :D 6 boxes of eldorado starfire 9mm, 2boxes of hornady light magnum in 300 wearherby, AR cleaning kit, 2 AR mags, 4 AK mags, assortment of old knives, a bayonet for I'm guessing the trapdoor springfield I inherited from dad, 2 sets of brass knuckles, unopened mini mag light, old small plano tackle box full of spinners and beetle spins and an israeli gas mask with 2 sealed filters...need to visit mom more often.

3. smithcp2002

smithcp2002 Monkey+++

Local family supermarket hard rice 10 lbs on sale, and put it up in vacuum bags in 1 and 2 cup servings size with directions on the bag. Over 100 meals for less than $.50 with the beans.

4. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

8 packs of cubed steak, vacuum sealed & in freezer now. Bi-Lo had a GOOD sale on it. Only $2.49 a pound. Ain't seen that low a price in a long time!!!

5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Added two early bearing blueberry bushes(Climax) and had another given to me this week. Another large cooler and two more metal cabinets that will hold ammo nicely. Two more cases of quart jars washed and ready for canning. Another Mosin to play with. Just stuffing some more brass in my spare time--lol.

6. STANGF150

*passes -06 a 5 gallon bucket of .45 brass to load* :D

7. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

1 Inch x 20 Yards Black Nylon Heavy Webbing (4200# tensile strength)

50 ea. 1/2" side release plastic buckles

Also learned to make a 1" marble filled monkey's fist. Made my first one (took five tries to get it right) and attached it to a paracord lanyard I made that can adjust in a second from a loop of about one & 1/2 foot length into a three foot flail... er, make that "attitude adjustment device".

Now looking around the machine shop at work to see if I can find a source for 1" metal ball bearings to make more.

Also putting together some FAKs for BOBs & EDCs.

8. robin48

robin48 Monkey+

1080 rounds of 5.45x39, 500 rounds of 45 and 500 rounds of 40. Today a Winchester 94.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Started with meat rabbits today.

10. STANGF150

well, gonna be a whole buncha Pickled Beets after finish canning the rest tomorrow. 3 Bushel total!!!

11. STANGF150

As of right now, 38 quart jars of Pickled Beets, or was it 48...... *goes to re-inventory*

12. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Jeff - got a link or something to where you learned how to make the monkey's fist?

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

14. happyhunter42

happyhunter42 Monkey+++

2 #imr4831
    1 #imr4895
    5 boxes 100gr 6mm spbt
    5 boxes 150gr .30 spbt
    1 case primers

15. Vetter

Vetter Monkey+

ABout half the parts for the three ARs I'm building. :D
    (1-standard carbine, 1-18"ss LR setup, 1-300blkout 9" pistol)
    I cant wait to see how quiet the blackout really is!
    Lots more ammo.
    3cases of MREs

16. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

MAK-90 my first "ak":D and a Mossberg 590 mariner:D

Brokor likes this.
  17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Acquired some chaga -link-
    Picked up some more wild oregano, clove, and cinnamon essential oil -link- Also got some of their new violet bottles. Will be perfect for field use.

Will be working more on homeopathy.

VisuTrac likes this.
  18. Vetter

Vetter Monkey+

400 rnds of 300AAC Blkout

19. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

200 rounds of 9mm subsonic handloads and a 44 pounds of long-term storage lentils in a bucket

20. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

2 bushels of plums to be dehydrated , turned to skins, or jelly.... (got a bunch more but haven't picked them...)

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner