So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Almost every week, I pick up 2 555# bricks of .22 ammo. So, that's 1,100 rnds per week and I generally shoot about 50-100 rnds per week. Conservatively, I should be pushing about 50k rounds by December.

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

1000 rounds of 5,56.

3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Found a bushel of peaches to can in the next couple of days. Gent gave me more wood to pick up-White Oak already down. Garden still putting out but slowing--still loving those tomato sandwichs and putting some up.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well I have acquired a small utility trailer for a perfect price. Free !!! Metal framed bed and up sides to 18 inches. Had to buy one tire tube for it at $10, and I am going to have to replace all the wood on it (bed, sides, and tail gate). Before that I am going to remove all the old wood and bust rust, and take the frame to bare metal where it has some rust now, and repaint it from fire engine freakin' red, to green or camo after I give it a double coat of the heavy duty rustoleum primer. I am considering using recycled plastic decking planks for the bed, and pt plywood paint on the sides and tailgate. It should make an excellent small utility trailer for trash runs, home depot, or feed store runs etc. My big utility trailer is 6 ft x 16 ft tandem axle. This one is only 43" x 88" with 18" sides, single axle obviously.

5. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

I have about #40 of rice to put away and #20 of beans to put away. I stocked up on canned goods as well. I am going to need another storage place soon, I am to full capacity in the pantry and the closets.

6. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

500 more rounds of .223 ammo with 1,000 rounds of 5.56 ordered. More store bought canned food as well.

7. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Some diff thing's

book's & manual's & tv serie's & movie's on dvd i like
    diff cleaning supplies for the place
    bottle's of dish washing soap
    bottle's of hand soap
    5.pd & 2.pd tub's of Whey protein powders in diff flavor
    5.pd & 2.pd tub's of Muscle Milk powders in Diff flavor's
    5500 rds of 22.lr
    case of 177.cal lead pellet's
    case of rifle ammo
    case of pistol ammo
    4.oz bottle's of the gun cleaning oil
    4.oz Tub of the lubing gun cleaning oil
    4.oz tub of the lubing gun cleaning paste
    diff caliber's cotton cleaning patch's for the diff weapons

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This week I finished up ALL my winter Preps. I have an easy 18 months of Goods that can be stretched, if one of those SHTF incidents should take place.
    I have my firewood in, and my Tank Farm is full. Things are set for winter to come, and Momma {alaskachick) is due back in two weeks. Life is good, and Lights Out Day, in 4 days. Then it gets very quiet around here for the next six months.... ...... YMMV......

9. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Another dozen ducks and about a 2 month supply of additional food/preps...

10. Avarice

Avarice California Health Junkie

Five Liquid Multivitamins and 3 Arnica Gels

11. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

More canned goodies,coffee and a tube of non-toxic silicone.Might need to plug a hole sometime.

12. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Cleaned out our new LARGE storage room in the new place. At that point we realized how low our stock has gotten since we tranistioned from the Army.

25# Flour
    15# Brown Rice
    25# sugar
    Oil- vegetable and olive

Started buying locally produced vegetables and fruits for canning. My wife is getting regeared right now to put some on the shelves.

13. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Another bushel of peaches to can tonight and tomorrow. Another old stainless mess kit and a fighting hole cover. This thing is a tubular framed fiberglass covered two piece thing about 4' square that you place over a foxhole and cover with up to three feet of sandbags/etc. Will have it on display at our gathering in a sniper's hidey hole. Got our turnips. four types of greens, and collards in Monday(19). Planted enough for several families.

14. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

3 bottles of red wine, 2 white, 12 beers, and a few bloody marys. By put away melbo means consumed, right?

15. beast

beast backwoodsman

stuffed 8 gallons of homemade concord grape wine in the cellar
    cant wait to taste one :p

16. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

froze 15 quart bags of squash and finished the canning of 33 quarts of Tomatoes. Getting ready for deer hunting now. KF

17. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

trefeesher course in Radak both aerial and ground monitoring, and started a push for county wide CERT teams...

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

8# powder for the shottie. Not enough rounds in storage.

STANGF150 likes this.
  19. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

A Sig P238 as a new pocket gun. Gonna clean it up this evening & hopefully tomorrow go break it in. :)

20. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Found some Winchester 1 oz 12ga slugs at Wally World for $9 a box. (15 round box)

I also needed a few deck screws, probably used a couple hundred from the 5000 in the box and put the rest in storage. Never know when I'll need them, and I sure can't make my own.

HD

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner