So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

We picked 4 gallons of blackberries on Wed. sent son home with 2 gallons of them since he and kids helped pick them. They are cleaned and in the freezer until the weather cools off and then they will be made into jam.

2. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

Your berries may not be safe either,I'll sacrifice myself to test them for you..I'm as thoughtful as VisuTrac..

3. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Just got another dozen ducks, ordered more turkeys,guinea hens,and am building a coop to start raising chickens again...

4. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

This week, we put away plans.

"Plans" you ask?

Yeah, plans.

We are closing on a house with property. Its tucked away pretty well surrounded by a family that owns the adjoining properties. Its within 5 miles of a large state forest (hunting is legal there).

Since we have nothing else to do and we are watching money, we have been putting away all the great ideas we can come up with.

Plans include:
    Chickens (and coop)
    Rabbits
    Deer plots
    A couple gardens
    Small orchard (apples and peaches)
    New prep storage room (and this place has a great one)
    Small, air conditioned workshop

Near term will be the workshop (gotta feed the reloading addiction), garden beds (maybe fall, cool weather crops), deer plots (1.5 months until the season starts) and getting the chicken coop ready. The rest will stay in plan format until the spring.

Our estimated closing date is NLT 31 AUG. Locking in that rate feels good. Transferring those FRNs into something worthwhile at the beginning of this "dip" (depression) makes me feel better.

oth47 and BTPost like this.
  5. Incoming

Incoming Monkey+++

White, pinto and black beans; powdered milk, white hard wheat, apple slices, white rice, minced onions, diced carrots, elbow macaroni and spaghetti in 135 #10 cans. Thank You to the Mormon Bishop's Pantry. 9 cases of various canned vegetables from ALDI's, 4 two lb bags of Sams coffee beans, a case of TP, 1 case 1 gal. Clorox, 4 large bottles of Dawn, 2 gal. EVOO, and 1 case of paper towles. The price of living is gona be going up yet again real soon. Semper Paratus.

6. Prometheus

Prometheus Monkey+

25 lbs each - white rice, pintos, white beans, kidney beans, sugar and salt. also thinking along other lines I have decided to double my current stocks of welding wire and gasses to have them on hand should i need them to rebuild anything in general. I do not stock save or own any gold and do not intend to as I believe gold is only valuable because we say it is, it has no purpose other than ornate (very little industrial use and very little medical use and both of which I could make no use of) steel however has many many uses and I think keeping plate and some useful shapes on hand just might prove way more valuable than any gold I might could store even if just for bartering material, I have all of the old inventory from my welding shop and plenty of space to store it out of the weather so I have begun to add to it because you never know what you might need.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Not a thing! I bought some chemicals last week and have to wait until I am out of the city to mix and "test" them. But I did (almost) clean house! Living room 1/2 way and the bathroom. Does that count?
    Working on Early Warning Devices"...poppers and smoke units for the fence lines. Scares the heck out of the neighbors, so I can't TEST them near the house anymore!

Hammerhead, oth47 and STANGF150 like this.
  8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Several cases of condensed soup and a half dozen of peaches/pinapple in individual serving cups. Giving the shooters a good cleaning/lubing for the winter. Ticked off, my 742 carbine length had gotten wet and is rusted badly in spots. Have it oiled down and steel wooled already--looks soooo much better. It is my truck gun during deer season. "Two worst enemies to guns--rust and politicians".

9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

This weekend and today, Cut and split 7 face cords. The boy is gonna be ticked when he gets home tomorrow. He thought we were only going to pick up 2 face cord yesterday. Tee Hee. Only 15 M/L to go before the snow flies.

I now need to restock the advil from the preps as I am sore and can't feel my hands anymore.

10. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I got hired to haul off junk and trash from a house that was being moved away from..I found 3 working flashlights,about 100' of new rope and 3 old batteries,brought $2 each.Got 18 new concrete blocks and a fine old cabinet type sewing machine and the woman that was moving gave me 2 1/2 Lbs of pintos,2 lbs of great northerns and a lb of lentils.Aldi got part of the money and my preps got reinforced.Wish I could do that every week..

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I finally got the new front rims on order for my newly purchased used tractor. It's an early Kubota. Kubota the company (not the franchised dealers) is as screwed up as a soup sandwich. Their parts support absolutely sucks. In my search for replacement rims, factory or aftermarket, I learned more about wheel rims than anyone would ever want to know. Within the next 30 days I should have my tractor operating in fine shape.
    When Kubota was queried directly for specs on a rim that is only identified in a parts breakdown drawing by drawing number, and kubota parts number, their reply was 11.25 inches in diameter, 7 inches wide. That is not how wheel rims are measured.
    The proper specs for my rims are; 10"dia, 6"wide, zero offset, 3.5" centerbore, 4 bolt pattern X 4.5 bcd (Bolt Center Diameter) ................. it just so happens that the actual outside dimensions of this spec rim is also; 11.25" outside overall diameter, and 7" outside overall rim width. FREAKIN' KUBOTA !!![beat][beat][beat]

12. Espada

Espada Monkey+

Money. To save up for a modest photovoltaic setup, maybe 4Kw.

13. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I put away some prayer, hope, and faith that the path we need to take through the perilous times ahead will be one that we can easily find, so my family and yours will make it safely through to the other side. Other than that, I put back more home canned meat. Kinda puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

BAT1, BTPost and Cephus like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I got the last of my winter grub stored away, so now i am set for the Winter, plus some.... always feels good to have things all setup, and ready before the nasty weather arrives....

Falcon15 and VisuTrac like this.
  15. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

used honda 2000 watt suit case gen for $85.00 starts first pull no smoke.

Gator 45/70, bountyhunter and BTPost like this.
  16. bountyhunter

bountyhunter Monkey+

just socked away 4 35 gallon plastic garbage cans with locking lids full of TP,these 4 plus 1 i had makes 5..im thinking that mite be enuff,unless of course i find dbl rolls on sale again

17. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Another AR-15 A Bushmaster A-1 model. 14" barrel with welded on Flash Suppressor . 5.56 nato caliber

18. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

A disc cultivator for my compact tractor. Not too big which would overwhelm it, but large enough for my uses. 8 discs, 6 foot wide in least restrictive pulling position, about 4.5 foot in a much more restrictive vee. I have 2 acres under a powerline to chew up and put in a cover crop.

19. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Some additional 223 and 22LR

20. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I went to my local gun shop and acquired 600 'shot once' .45 shells for 30.00.
    150 pieces of brand new Winchester Primed brass for 39.00
    At Cabela's I bought 500 .45 ACP Rainer bullets for 79.00
    300 rounds of 69 gr .223 SIE for 65.00
    1 lb of TAC, and 1lb of Alliant AR Comp powder for 22.00 a lb.
    100 165 SIE GK, 100 Remington 165gr C/Lockts, and 100 175gr SIE MK bullets.
    A Culligan RO water filter to fill water bottles and then set in sunlight for UV sterilization. Phew!

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner