So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Four 13 round magazines for my Saiga-20 and a thousand rounds of 20 gauge medium brass shells and a hundred 20 gauge slugs.

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Knowing you Sea, that 1000 rounds isn't going to last too long...LOL

3. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Gadget Master

It's been a while since I have been here. So have added a lot. 2 surplus nagant 303's ( $79.00 each) 1,000 rounds of ammo (303) another 1,500 rounds of 5.56, 5,000 rounds of .22 for the mossberg .22 I also bought. Anothe 500 rounds of 9mm and 200 rounds each for the 30.06, my barrett .50 and of 00 buck for the .12 gauge. plus 20 assorted #10 cans of mountian house. Going tommorow th P/U the second Yaseau handheld I ordered a couple weeks ago.

4. moritati10

moritati10 Monkey+

Slow week. Added 6 cans of DAK ham, 10# of brown rice and 25# of sugar. Making a trip to an Amish store for wheat next week.

5. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Gadget Master

Very good point. Also may want to remember playing cards/games, DVD's/videos. They will also help you get through rough times a little easier.

6. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

This weekend, I picked up an auger handle for $10. I found 1 1/8 OZ silver bar for $10 and two more USGI wool blankets for $10ea.

I loaded up about 200 more rounds of .223, 100 rds of .45ACP, and some rounds for my AR10 (shot off all the .308 though ;)).

I scored a bunch of free .357 bullets for just loaning my reloading press.

I bartered some 9mm brass for .223 brass.

What I need to do this week is sort through the canned goods and get some rotation going on. I need a bit more 22LR and .50 ammo cans as well.........

7. Detentus

Detentus Monkey+

Expecting our last cord of wood to be delivered today. Husband built outside firewood shelter with roof. Nice.

8. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Gadget Master

Finished the final paperwork on our retreat/retirement property 70 acres an hour and a half drive from here. Plan on setting up some cache's there as well as having a place about 4 acres in size that would/will make an excellent garden spot.

9. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Started hearing rumbles of bacon, sugar, salt and flour prices getting ready to head north, so I took a bit of a rebate I got and stocked up on a nice little supply to add to my main stash. Still gettin' bacon for $2.39/12 oz, but lots in the display case were $6+. Not good!

Kajun

10. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

I added 25# unbleached flour, 25# rolled oats, 2 cases fruit cocktail, 1 case canned peaches, and 2 canned hams.

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

20 pounds of split green peas, 2 cases wide mouth quart canning jars with lids and rings, 18 wash cloths, 2 sets of full size sheets, 24 pairs of socks, 2 live traps. ..... all at sale prices ..... for now or future uses.

12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

54 cans 8 oz each Hersheys Cocoa Powder, 1/3 special dark, 2/3 regular. Rumor has is due to greatly increased overseas demand Chocolate prices could go up 11 fold in the next 20 years. This should hold me for brownies and other chocolate flavored goodies for a day or three.

13. happyhunter42

happyhunter42 Monkey+++

I didn't do much this week. Come up with about 100' of 1/4" chain, and a 100' roll of 3/8" rope. Got 4 more of the blue barrels for 15 bucks each. They are about 12 gals or so. Bought a small single axle trailer to haul my 4 wheeler on. And me and Dad finished reloading the empty .357 shells, 5 boxes total. I guess that is it.

14. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Monkey++

This sounds a little lame compared to what some of you have done, but I harvested a bunch of morning glory seeds and rose hips this morning. What can I say ... I like morning glorys and I like rose hip tea ... seems silly to pay $$s for both when I can just DIY it, as they say.

I don't know what it is about fall but that seems to be the time of year when I really get into building and adding to my preps. "Nesting" my grandma called it.

Also decided I want a non-electric dehydrator ... found one on amazon for $60 but I think I can make one for a lot less ... wish me luck!

15. vja4Him

vja4Him Monkey+

I rode my bicycle into town and bought a 20-pound sack of rice, 5-pound bag of lentils, and a 5-pound bag of split peas, to add to our emergency survival food. Also bought an emergency blanket, poncho, wet stone, 2-gallon water bag.

Last week I added candles, more batteries, huge role of Gorilla Duck Tape, and several more items ....

16. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

We're getting our first freeze of the year down here in SE NM this weekend, so Monday I picked a bunch of green tomatoes. Last night I salted them down with onions (made some fried green 'maters too! Yummy) and tonight canned/pickled them. I ended up with 7 pints.

In about 3 months, I'll let ya'll know how they turned out. First time trying canning/pickling.

Kajun

17. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Ordered some more projectile throwers and some more projectiles..

18. bravo61actual

bravo61actual Monkey+

2000 ft para cord. and made a new sling for the M4. thats about it

19. vja4Him

vja4Him Monkey+

Bought a new backpacking tent (4-man), heavy-duty (lightweight) tent stakes (eight), camping towel, 2 large boxes of food bars, 2 jars of jelly (grape and strawberry), 8 cans chicken broth (on sale at Wal-Mart, 50 cents/can), super glue, water purification kit, fire starter, balloons, hot glue gun with large pack of long sticks), three packs of batteries for my heart-monitor-watch, three packages of rubber bands ....

20. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner