So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

10 1lb. propane bottles
    poncho (woodland)
    poncho liner (woodland)
    box of strike anywhere matches
    canteen cup
    cantene cup stove

going to put a sleeping bag zipper on the poncho liner. it makes for a great light duty sleeping bag and a light duty sleeping bag liner.

2. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

I got about 5 knives for free at work today. They are cheaply made, but they'll still cut.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

finally got my backup kerosene heat source, time to start stocking k-1 ...

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

One small box of snacks for Millie (M1.)

5. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Put away 5 cases (6-1 gallon jugs) of bottled water and a case of the small bottles.

6. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

We picked up a box of 6 individual boxes of brownie mix. Just something for a special occasion, instead of just rice or beans! We need to practice making jelly from our local wild blueberries and bear berries.

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Bear berries??

8. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

EWWWWW please no jam from berries that have been in bears.

9. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Actually, I was thinking they were more like "rocky mountain oysters"[gone]:sick:

10. gunbunny

It must be a colloquialism. They are black berries that have a rather mild (read tasteless) flavor. They grow on the %^&$ &*%%#!! thorny vines that line each side of a creek around here. I usually use a machete to walk through them. Never paid much attention to them until I found out they were edible.

11. saskcop

saskcop Monkey+++

loaded 100 rounds of 230 gr xtp in .45 acp. Bought 15 boxes of 00 buck. Imp cyl choke for my 870.

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

These "bear berries don't hang off the back end of a bears' fur do they?.We call them "clingons"here....[lolol][beat][beat]Sorry couldn't resist....

13. dutterman

dutterman Monkey++

100 rounds of 45, 60 rounds 7.62 x 39. 1 multi tool, 1 new reynolds handi-vac with 18 bags, 1 box of powdered milk, 2 tri-fold shovels, and water water water.

14. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Caught a major sale on meat Friday. We have plenty of room left in the freezer, just not enough money to fill it.

20 lbs. New York steaks-$2.99/lb
    10 lbs. Rib-eye steak-$3.50/lb.
    10 lbs. Top sirloin steak-$2.50/lb.
    20 lbs. Hamburger-$1.99/lb.
    10 lbs. Pork loin chops and roast-$1.99/lb.
    10 lbs. chicken breast-$1.88/lb.

8 cases of canned vegetables-green beans, corn, peas and refried beans

15. kckndrgn

I got a stripped AR lower that I'm going to sit on for a little while. I haven't decided how I am going to build it, as a duplicate of the one I have now (16" M4gery) or go with a longer barrel for longer range.

Fedex will be dropping off my bullet proof vest in a couple of hours. I got a level 2 goldfex vest from www.bulletproofme.com .

The wife and I topped off a few staple supplies last night just to make sure we won't have to get anything for the next few days - just in case there is any rioting going on.

16. gunbunny

Bulletproofme.com is an awesome store. They will sell to you without being in the military or law enforcement. They understand.

When I ordered stuff from them a few years ago, they sent me extra stuff along with my order. That's service.

17. kckndrgn

Yeah, the only thing they did was ask why I was ordering one. I told them the truth. I work as Armed Security for our church, I'm also an assistant manager and RSO for a local range.

As far as extra stuff, they included one of the "sweat wicking" t-shirts with my order free of charge.

18. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

A bunch of premium green 6" glow sticks from http://www.glowuniverse.com . I gave some to friends who don't carry flashlights. The premium green are good for 12 hours, longer if cold. Other colors don't last. Stated shelf life 2 years.

19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A massive load of powder, bullets and primers from The Sportsman's Warehouse, along with other reloading stuff. The buggers will need to call in an airstrike to 'disarm' this angry White God&Gun-clinging Freedom Loving American citizen!

If y'all read of a smoking crater west of Tallytown - you'll know they got me..... [ROFL]

The ol' KLR hasn't ridden that low since I carried 80 pounds of camping gear.....

[chopper]

20. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

our future freedom as of yesterday.

me, myself...components.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner