So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I'll help you move some of them to Alabama.[beer]

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Headed the other way on the freight run. After that a run south could be on plan. Much to do between now and late fall. (There aren't all THAT many. Yet. :lol::lol:)

DAY-UM!! 30-06 is pricey!!

3. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

I got a job first one in two years, so now I can stop living off of my preps. I work for a maintenance company that cleans at the locale nut house. I clean 8 bathrooms {there is 12 TP dispensers} and 3 brake rooms. They are walking me through showing me what to do and they told me that when the TP roll gets down this small {about 3” or less.} to pull it and throw it away. These are coreless rolls in other words they are TP all the way to the center. If there is not enough paper towel in a dispenser to last the next day I have to take it out and put a new one in. I put all of it in a bag and when I take out the trash I toss the bag in the cab of my truck. The TP is 2 ply Scott but I think it will work for trade stock. In two night I have gotten 30 little rolls of TP {I found a bag of the in my closet} each one is at least as big as one of the camper size rolls that wall mart sells. I also have gotten the equivalent of two rolls of paper towels. One more thing this place of funded with your taxes. [flush]

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

50 rounds of Winchester .38 Special.
    200 rounds of CCI Minimag.
    50 rounds of CCI Maximag.
    A very flat Coleman two-burner camping stove - can fit in my BOB on the bike. Good for a group BO.
    A new pair of heavy-duty all-leather work boots - my old ones are still going strong - I've been needing to put a spare pair back, after breaking them in.
    Three dozen MRE entres from Sportsman's Guide - six different flavors. Been awhile since I'd seen just the entres offered. I liked those I had some years back.
    8 pounds of Mahatma Jasmine Rice. Love the flavor - gonna get more!

5. jimy

jimy Monkey++

160# rice,( the price here doubled overnight from $15 a 40# bag to $30+ maddd) 13 small propane tanks for my lantern and some fuel stabilizers. There is also a 1 or 2 bag limit depending on where you get your rice.

6. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

100 rounds 30-30
    500 rounds .22

7. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

4 doz more canning jars, some jam to help stretch what I'm making this year (Amish made, really yummy stuff I got really cheap), another large reservoir oil lamp (must remember to pick up lamp oil now), 104' of 6' tall privacy fence - no place near enough for our 145 x 175 'stead but it's a start. A purple martin house to help erradicate next year's mosquito population (I think it's too late this year to attract the birds but will try).

Little things that will make a big difference when push comes to shove.

8. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

I stopped by a yard sale on my way to pickup my first pay check in a long time and they had a made in the U.S.A. Buck locking folder that had never been sharpened on the table. I asked them what they were asking for it and they said $4.00:shock:. I could not pass it up. All I had in my pocket was $3.83 in change and he said that is close enough. This is going to be my put back knife.
    buck 008.

9. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Picked up a new Janesport 5000 cubic inch pack. Got it from Campmore for $49.00, with shipping was around $56.00. This pack was listed at $120.00
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___10203

They have some good web deals on gear, this pack will serve two purposes one for hiking of course the other as a BOB. Although I have a kit in my car this one will be packed and ready to go with everything I need for a 4 or 5 day trek. Really picked it up as my oldest is will be going into Boy Scouts soon, in his last 6 months of Cub Scouts so we are doing more with the Troop, hiking, camping, etc. Fun time.

10. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

16-5 gal buckets to store stuff in. Part of the garden went in - the produce will someday be part of the "put away" part.

Oh, and husband's suggestion to go to Blairstown on my search for a new firearm (Blairstown is a nearby wide spot in the road perversely known for having a very good gun shop).

11. Jonas Parker

Jonas Parker Hooligan

Good week for 90% silver under spot on eBay...

12. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

Various 1 and 5 gallon buckets, some canned goods, and picked up some apple and some nut trees to plant in the woods.

13. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

100 pack of AA batteries
    20 pack of lithium batteries
    five cases of 24 ea. bottled water
    DeLORME Earthmate GPS

14. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Got the 50'x50' garden tilled yesterday and started planting, mostly finished up today with a corner left for some extra stuff to try out.

Put in
    2 rows green beans

half row peas

half row radishes

half row turnips

half row beets

2 rows (about 25 hills) cucumbers

row brussel sprouts

2 1/2 rows tomatoes

half row hot peppers (mixture of jhalapeno and tobasco peppers)

half row bell peppers

Went to the auction and since the cattle were runing high went to the odds and ends auction in the parking lot. Got a card table, toddler car seat for 1 year old grandbaby, box full of thread and yarn, and a box with some crafts paints and dyes all for $5.

15. adkpete

adkpete Monkey+++

+1 On Campmor. They have a lot of good stuff at a reasonable price.

16. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I put away the last of my consumer debt, except the house. So now my family is living debt free!!! We paid off $43k in two years, now I have more money for more toys :)

17. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The past few weeks have been more loss than gain. Got some sort of disease brought in somehow and this summer have lost 5 goats so far and still dont know whats causeing it with only 1 buckling left, the main suspected cause got vacinated against but have lost 2 more since then. Worst of all, since dont know whats killing them havent been able to even eat them.

18. thepatriot1976

thepatriot1976 Resigned Membership

If I tell you are you gonna come and try to kill me for it during TEOTWAWKI?
    Ha,HA wouldn't you like to know!

Sorry you should never tell, remember that kids. Your friends today will kill you tomorrow for your food!

Love,

Patriot........:lol:[booze]

19. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

MM look at the gums if they are white you have a worm problem. PM me with the details ande I'll try to help you figure it out.

OGM

20. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

7 long gun receivers made at home :D

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner