So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Make that six Romy kits; DSA just shipped one of the five kits that they couldn't fill last week. Apparently they found the last one they had and are not getting any more. Lot cheaper than the five I bought off Gunbroker.com.

2. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

I believe in doing what works and what one can afford, my $4.00 backpack full of $ store goodies will keep me alive after the SHTF and if I have to give it up to keep from getting shot that’s Ok I have 12 more just like it. Just because I am giving it up does not mean I will not come back and get it along with every thing else they have later.

3. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe Guest

Added 100# of rice, 35# vegetable oil, a bunch of ramen, and some miscellaneous stuff.

We've been pretty bad lately. We haven't been putting much away lately. We are looking to sell our townhouse and get a bit of ground. In my area, bigger than .5 acre is not affordable, at least if actually want to be able to afford it. Looking at older houses and trying to get as much land as possible. I consider it prepping since it will allow us to grow a lot more food. Probably won't be able to do livestock, but may be able to raise some chickens.

4. Col. Klink

Col. Klink Monkey++

1 more case of x39 ammo for the AK's and SKS's. Picked up a nice barely used WASR AK for a song. Cleaned it up today, looks good.

Looks like this weekend will be a MAJOR stock up time for some more food items as well as a new Coleman stove for my camping supplies.

Cheers [beer]

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Another 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 and 2000 rounds of 5.56.

6. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

At the thrift store $1.49, a black well made child size golf bag. My 500 12 ga or Ak fits in it nicely and it is the right size to mount on the forks of my bicycle. It has a big zippered pouch on the side that 5 AK mags will fit into with room left over. Right now I am trying to put to gather gear that does not look military, I have all of the OD green ear a man could want but I am short in civilian stuff that works but looks like it was just thrown together. I also need to make or find a white web gear set.

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well our first doe delivered Sunday. She had problems and tried to deliver both twins at the same time. Couldnt get one to shove back in to let them come out one at a tie so had to pull them both at the same time. She had a male and female but the girl didnt survive as we took to long to pull it out but moma and baby boy are fine so will band him before long to see if he puts weight on quicker that way and have meat this fall.

8. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

I know I will NOT be getting my chicks from the hatchery in Windsor this year. They don't have local pick-ups anymore and will only ship. Now, why should I pay shipping charges when they're only 20 miles away?!? (They say it's because some of their suppliers are "from all over".) Guess I'll go with Cackle in Lebanon, MO - I can make the two hour drive if I choose - maybe I can get a few people together and 'carpool' the chicks ;). They're about the only ones who carry the breed of ducks I want.

Laid in a whole bunch of toasted garlic powder yesterday. Bulk of it will be resold and some will be made into various seasonings.

9. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

bought a scooter or "moped." 49.cc to avoid motorcycle regulation, weaves in and out of traffic, gets 100+ mpg, top speed of 50MPH. Figure it might be good for scouting the lay of the land PSHTF, and it gets me to work and back in the meantime for about $5.00 a month since I don't have to insure it. Cost me $1800 for the scooter, helmet, reflective vest, lock chain, cover, registration, delivery, a quart of oil and first tune up.

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Be careful off pavement! A couple of my riding buddies have scooters - the bigger ones, 250cc and 500cc. Even a moderately smooth dirt road gives them fits! Those smooth tires don't like sand at all. [chopper]

My biggest buy ending this week is a new front tire for my bike - the KLR650 dual sport. I totally wore out the Dunlop D606 knobby in 6000 miles of riding - mostly paved roads with a smattering of dirt - but I want to keep the off-road capability for in case of TSHTF! I got my money's worth - most riders report 3500 miles on these tires - I guess I'm not nearly as 'aggressive' as they are. :lol:

11. jimy

jimy Monkey++

200 rounds .223, picked up 1000 rds. .40 S&W yesterday, Eotech 552 a week back and a Badger rail for my Remy .223 LTR.

12. monkeyman

Picked up about 25 packs of assorted seeds and a little more rope.

13. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

An older 22qt pressure canner --- our last freezer's gone out and need to save what meat there is in it.

14. Quantrill

Quantrill Monkey++

Canned goods, 40rds 30/30, box of 20ga buck shot, magnesium fire starter, fox fire books, and more knowledge.

15. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We traded some worthless FRN's for some more milk goats. [chopper]

Here's a pic of WG's goat cheese.

[​IMG]

The goat in the forground is one of the ones we bought as well.

[​IMG]

OGM

16. jimy

jimy Monkey++

60 rounds of 7.63x39 Igman 123gr. SP. Propane lantern and a dozen propane bottles. 9 Litre pressure cooker. Case of canned tuna.

17. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

Bought some edible plants (not your regular fruits and veggies!) and we're planting them tomorrow on the farm hopefully.

18. monkeyman

Aside from first of the month grocery shopping, our second goat had her kids today. She gave us 2 large healthy male kids. Would have liked to see girls but that makes 3 male kids that can add to the freezer this fall.

19. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

We always like to see does born as well but the bucks are tasty. [stirpot] [beer]

OGM

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Another rifle I don't need. Just more freight to move --[beer]

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner