So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yup, the one by us at least has a LOT better prices on the staple items like flour, surar, spices, yeast, etc than any of the regular grocery stores and you can get small amounts or save a tough more and buy in bulk. Its also the only way to go as far as we are concerned for yeast. At the grocery store no one buys it much so it sets on the shelf for ever and dont work NEAR as well AND costs a lot more.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

200 rounds of subsonic CB shorts
    300 rounds of 7.62x54

3. TNZ71

TNZ71 PEACE THRU FIREPOWER

REFURBISHED 14" CHAIN SAW FROM BIG LOTS $80.00 RUNS GOOD LOOKS NEW. WE HAD A SEVERE ICE STORM 1994 AND WAS JUST REMINDED OF THE NEED AFTER MY UNCLE'S EXPIERENCE IN CAPE GIRADEAU MO LAST WEEK.

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

beer brewing supplies

5. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

1/2 a hog and 1/4 beef [winkthumb]

6. badkarma

badkarma ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm new here so i'll chip in, I put up:
    knife sharpener
    hiker water filtration and spare filter element
    sweedish firesteel
    2 boxes of 30-30

7. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Bug out Map with three different end locations.
    Patriots by JWR
    Getting ready to take my Restricted Possession and Acquisitions License test for the Canadian government so I can start buying up survival Arms. (yay AR15!)

8. vonhismean

vonhismean Monkey++

Oatmeal, beans, topsoil and seed.

9. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

WG and I traded a 100 worthless FRN's for an outstanding goat buckling that will be our herd sire this fall. [beer]

[​IMG]

OGM

10. saskcop

saskcop Monkey+++

Two 10 round Wilson Combat mags for my 1911 as well as two 8 round Chip McCormick mags. Not bad eh? I wish I could find ammo though. This stuff is not always the easiest to find in Canada.

11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

140 40mm reloadable cases, two Romy kits, a FNFAL kit, I just like to build stuff.

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Finally able to get back to prepping, after taking care of other bills and needs.
    Today, I picked up twenty pounds of Uncle Ben's rice, two cans of Steel-cut Oats, two 32-ounce boxes of Soy milk (stores unrefrigerated for a year) to test for taste and cooking ability, several canned goods - and a Pizza (gota eat tonight!) [beer]

Woulda got more, but space is limited on my MC. [lolol]

Last week I did an over-nighter in the local woods to test a new bivytent (in woodland camo) and a lighter semi-mummy sleeping bag. Reduces size and weight of gear on the bike. I motored 150 yards into the pine trees and brush, setup camp and draped a camo tarp on the bike, then walked back 50 yards - looked back - could NOT see camp! Yowza! That's what I want!
    I could clearly see the white P/U truck motoring along the perimeter road - but he didn't see me!
    Also tested a folding plastic table for my stove, and a new rackbag to carry the tent & sleeping bag - worked very well! It also comes with two red aluminum fuel bottles - still gotta get the Coleman Dual-Fuel stove.

13. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

35lbs flour, asst veggies in cans, 320 rounds .303, 1100rnds.22lr, treated myself to a new full sized "fire steel"

14. badkarma

badkarma ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

week ending 3/30
    500 rounds 7.62X39
    butler creek hot lips 10-22 mag
    cold steel heavy machete

15. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
    Gettin' ready for the ZOMBIES
    100_0224.JPG

16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Sunday, ending the current week . . .

Three 12-packs of Ramen Noodles, two Beef and One Chicken.
    Thirty cans of assorted veggies - WalMart's 'house brand' is a lot cheaper than the name brands!
    Five more Mountain House packets - picking up a few of these every trip - they add up, and are excellent for camping!
    A couple gallons of motor oil for my bike.
    Four Uncle Ben's 'ready to eat' rice meals - good quick eats!
    Five more packets of dry-packaged Chicken&Rice meals. Replenishing what I've used lately from the pantry.
    A big bottle of Ragu spaghetti sauce, and two more boxes of Spaghetti.
    A few boxes of flavored Instant Grits. This stuff keeps pretty well over time.

The Soy milk - EdenSoy brand - is a non-starter. Drank the Chocolate flavor - well, if they say so. Not very chocolatey or 'milky'. Won't get more - do better with Parmalac & chocolate drink powder.

17. slots

slots Monkey+++

With the price of rice jumping up so dramatically, I bought in another 20 Kg.
    Rice kinda underpins my supplies, it goes with everything I have.

It might be a good idea for everyone to buy now before the rice exporting countries decide not to export, or the price rises even further.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7324596.stm

It not just Asia either. Prices have jumped 10% in the UK in just a couple of weeks.

18. badkarma

badkarma ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

a set of rasps/files
    an antique hand drill and some new bits

19. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

2lbs of rice and three 10 gallon water containers.

20. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

A job for a friend that dose lawn care for 2-3 days a week localy and a job for whatever hours I want working in the city for a tre company back up in the tree tops.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner