So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Nicely done and congratz!

2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

75 pounds of rabbit and 15 pounds of no-longer-crowing roosters in the freezer. In doing so I greatly improved one skill (rabbit butchering time has gone from an hour to under 5 minutes now) and started learning a new one. Finally took the plunge and learned how to tan rabbit hides with a chemical solution. :) Soon as I finish the last batch that's soaking in the kitchen, gonna score a deer hide from my butcher friend and give that a whirl.
    pelts.

3. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

I found a recipe for German sauerkraut and from 2 cabbage heads I got 6 quarts made today. I always made a hot sauerkraut from sauerkraut premade then cooked with bacon, a little sugar, and a little roux. What I made today isn't to be cooked but eaten raw as is, on hotdogs or sausages, etc. The recipe called for caraway seeds, mustard seeds, kosher or sea salt, and water. It will ferment in about 6-7 weeks.
    GB

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Georgia_Boy would you be willing to share the recipe in the recipe section?

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

@Ganado, sure my pleasure. I will put it in the recipe area.....
    GB

3M-TA3 likes this.
  6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Got the charge controller that had failed replaced with one more capable and from a major player in the industry. Also have the well pump on alt-e full time. Next up is to wire the generator into the redesigned system...just in case :)
    Next week is to see if I can pick up a diesel powered a/c system (fingers crossed)

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Got our upright freezer today. So excited...also got a list of the flavors available of HUGE ice cream tubs(3gallons of ice cream) at grocery store. I think next month we'll get Vanilla Bean and Espresso Madness. And it looks like we might be able to do our grocery shopping there when they're having a semi-annual seafood sale...I miss crab legs! :) We are gonna pack that baby full in no time! :)

Tobit, techsar and kellory like this.
  8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

A pair of field telephones, and a quad rail for my AR.

9. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Field Hospital Bed – Brand new, adjustable foot and head, service tray, 2 mosquito net /IV stands, thin foam mattress, personal effects bag, steel with nylon coverings, and in perfect shape. Assembled size is 30w/30h/81l. Boxed size is 31x41x6 (3cf), 52 pounds. Assembly took 5 minutes. $104.97 shipped from Sportsman’s Guide. I am going to buy another and use them as cots until needed for intended purpose, if ever. It’s an excellent sturdy cot alone at the price.
    Hospital Bed.JPG

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  10. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

6 cans of Red Feather canned butter, 10 pairs of Harbor Freight work gloves and 8 toothbrushes.

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

3M-TA3, Georgia_Boy, BlueDuck and 3 others like this.
  12. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

8lbs of W-231 powder, 2000 large pistol primers, 1000 230gr 45ACP bullets

13. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Working for a large company that seems to try and make things harder and harder by putting more and more paperwork/hoops in peoples way to do what at one time was very easy.
    They have made it hard to put items back in stock so the warehouse crew has a cart that says "Free" so they don't have to spend a half hour in PepoleSoft justifying restocking one item.

On Thursday they had a case of Tyvek zip up suits no hood on them but I grabbed 1 or 6 or 10 or so.
    I will pick up some hoods.

Edit: That is me in the photo, a tip of the hat fellow Monkeys..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  14. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Three EE-8 field phones and 1,800m of phone wire.

Georgia_Boy, stg58, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  15. jimLE

jimLE Monkey+++

i ordered 4-72 Hour Food Kits from Food4Patriots the other day...in which i just received it..and i already have it put away in a tote
    1107151303-00.

Ganado, Georgia_Boy and stg58 like this.
  16. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Over the past few weeks.
    1500 rds of Armscor 22 LR
    1600 rds of Federal American Eagle 22 LR
    1500 rds of Remington 22 LR

ditch witch and kellory like this.
  17. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Decided it would be good to start reloading for my shotgun too...

[​IMG]

stg58, 3M-TA3, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  18. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Canned veggies. My favorite part of grocery shopping at my local Super Walmart is that they will price match any competitor's ad.

Last year, our United Supermarkets were bought up by Albertson's, with the caveat that two of the old Albertson's stores in Texas had to be sold off, to prevent them from having too many stores inside of a certain sized area (legal mumbo-jumbo, etc). The one we had here was one of them, and was sold to a company that renamed it "Cash Saver".

Cash Saver stores have some decent sales, but this one is clear across town, and it's much easier to get the Super Walmart to price match. Added bonus, SW won't bother adding on the 10% mark-up that Cash Saver adds to their prices! (y)

This past week's ad had canned veggies for 28 cents a can. I price matched Walmart's "Great Value" canned veggies, normally 68 cents a can, with no difficulty. Got to love that kind of savings!

3cyl, BlueDuck, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  19. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Ganado likes this.
  20. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I got one rechargeable flood lite on sale at Wal Mart,reg $29.00 for $10.00.

T. Riley likes this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner