So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Froze 22 quart bags of corn, and canned 12 quarts of Tomatoes. I have about 30 more quarts of tomatoes to go. Then we are going to pressure can as much of the meat in the freezer that we can do. Most of it is rooster chickens and Venison. Also going to can a bunch of boneless Rabbit. Have to get ready for fresh venison and make some room for all the frozen veggies.

Gator 45/70, Ganado, Dont and 3 others like this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Picked up a full case of MRE's for 20 bux yesterday:) Haven't added much other than that for the last few weeks.

Gator 45/70, T. Riley and Ganado like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

New radio, TM -V71A. Now to program it for the vehicle.

Gator 45/70, T. Riley, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Husqvarna 18" chainsaw, extra bar and 2 extra chains, maintenance kit and 5 extra primer bulbs. Ethanol is hell on the primer bulbs on every small engine I own. Wonder Mill electric. 1,250 watts but used only 40 total to grind 8 cups of flour in two minutes. Even with small solar it's worth the power use. Fish antibiotics from CalVet.

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

T. Riley and Ganado like this.
  6. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Never run that low grade stuff in your bike or chainsaw..

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  7. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Eight pints tomato sauce.
    [​IMG]
    Getting a start on freezing16lbs of blueberries tonight too. [coo]

Marck, Ganado, Dont and 2 others like this.
  8. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I feel your pain...even if you haven't yet. We just got done moving into a new home and selling the home my wife had lived in for 21 years. A woman can accumulate a lot of junk in 21 years and getting rid of it doesn't really make your life any eaiser. Not only did I still have to haul most of the junk we sold or gave away, a LOT of the junk wasn't identified as junk until AFTER I moved it to the new place and she decided she didn't need it anymore.

Take my advice, get you one of those PODS containers so you can load it at your leisure, have someone else haul it to the new place, then after you unload at the new place you can refill it with the newly identified junk and have them haul it away too.

Marck and ghrit like this.
  9. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

What did I put away this week? We just took possession of our new home a month ago...so putting stuff away is all I have been doing!

The latest was firewood. We have a wood shed that can hold 3-4 cords, but the previous owner didn't leave a stick, so I had a cord hauled in and stacked it this week. I'll be adding to that over the next month as I find free or cheap sources in the area.

On a related note...we had to dump the insurance company we had been doing business with for a LONG time because our wood burning stove is home-made (50 years ago by the man who built the house). Apparently, companies like Grange and State Farm will not insure you at all if your stove isn't manufactured by some company. Farmers didn't have a problem with it, so they got all of our business.

I also refilled all of my gas cans and propane tanks, as well as my 55 gallon water barrel. In addition to a new well, this place has a 10k gallon cistern that collects rain water from the gutters and other drains on the property, but I still like to have my water barrel full, just in case we lose power and can't fire up the generator to run the well or cistern pumps for some reason.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Gator 45/70, Sapper John and Ganado like this.
  10. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

More TP......might have enough to last a while, now! :rolleyes:

TP.

11. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

This week 300rds .45acp and 100rds .40 cal

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

My son wrapped up his Eagle Scout project today.
    Now it's just paperwork, board of review and Court of Honor. [coo]

13. hitchcock4

hitchcock4 Monkey++

If I run out myself, I'll come over to your house. :cool:

natshare likes this.
  14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

[​IMG]

I guess Democrats and snowflake are synonymous...

15. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Received my Birthday present... a stainless steel Para-Ordnance Slim Hawg... from the wife... and 250 rounds of .45 from the kids...

natshare, Ganado, Pax Mentis and 4 others like this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

500 rounds of M855 to replace ammo used for practice last weekend.
    25 lb bag of beans
    25 lb bag of rice
    Next week, more beans, rice, and salt. Buckets, lids, mylar bag and sealer coming soon. I'm preparing a place in the garage to store and rotate supplies.
    I'm so far behind when I look ahead I see everybody else's back and when I look behind, all there is is my shadow...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    oldawg, Pax Mentis, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Don't worry so much about those in front of you...it's the ones behind you to be concerned with ;)

The important thing is you are actually doing, not just "planning on doing."

Wife pick herself up a neat little backup carry weapon...Kimber Solo. Not much bigger than the S&W .380 Bodygaurd. I foresee a range trip in our near future...

18. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Maybe so, but your ahead of 97% on the population. All you can do is not stop until it's time to start using it. I try to do something every day if only picking up an extra lighter and throwing in the glove box...I am still further along than the day before.

oldawg likes this.
  19. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I foresee a range report..... please! :)

Ganado likes this.
  20. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

As soon as there is something to report...you got it!

ETA - Pre-range impressions posted... ;)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner