So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

1000 rounds of CCI mini Mag...

kellory likes this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

19th century mantle clock (it works, now), wind-up pocket watch, PMR-30, another antenna tower w/rotor (hey, for $5...), some extra reading glasses, 1000 pair of nitrile gloves...and a cornet.

pearlselby likes this.
  3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

With the news the way it's been the last couple weeks, I've just been checking those loose ends in the preps. Adding those little things that seem to get put off more often than not.Adjusting according to changing taste or circumstances.

Yard Dart and pearlselby like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Placed our Winter Supplies Order, today. Now we just have to wait for the Barge to arrive in two weeks, with the Goods, and get them put away.... Once done we will be set for 18 Months, before we would have to break into the Long Term Food Storage.... And that is a very nice feeling.....

oth47, NotSoSneaky, T. Riley and 4 others like this.
  5. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

I did more canning today.lol
    15 pts. cantaloupe 21 pints Zucchini/Pineapple 11 quarts of Tomatoes.
    I did only water bath today which goes much faster.

100_4152.JPG

100_4153.JPG

100_4154.JPG

100_4155.JPG

6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Zucchini and pineapple together? That's a new one on me...sounds interesting!

Ganado likes this.
  7. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

8. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Thank you! Looks like a good "substitute" type recipe.

pearlselby likes this.
  9. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Hi, and it is very good.

10. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yard Dart, Ganado and pearlselby like this.
  11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I hope they work well for you, but they have lots of complaints about leakage issues, and the cost is quite high.:(

12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

What complaints @kellory. Can u post links?

@HK_User I have been looking for something similar to use as a heat sink in a green house.

13. kellory

48 customer reviews
    4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars
    Most helpful reviews
    1The seals leak and pop when tightening. Quality control was poor on my batch of 8. Out of 8... 7 leak. You would think the seal would be the number one function of quality...
    ByJuan Del Juadalupe
    3There is a big problem with these waterbricks. I purchased a set of 10 WaterBricks and 8 out of the 10 leak badly. By badly I mean that when laid on their side like they are...
    ByAmazon Customer
    1Lids leak, gasket poor quality and not cut well. I would not recommend this item. I am unable to stack them as advertised due to the leakage.
    ByDave "HMC, USN, FMF (ret)"

(,follow the links already provided) go to reviews.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. HK_User

Reviewed the reviews before purchase, noted that many/most are operator error or misuse, using without spout, tightening lid with handle in the way etc. Reviews go back for a couple of years so maybe improvements have been made.

Brownell's has 100% return so if a problem I'll let y'all know

Ganado, Yard Dart, Marck and 2 others like this.
  15. HK_User

Cost is relative to need and use.

16. kellory

I like the concept. It's the construction that concerns me. Good luck. If they do what they are supposed to...great.

17. HK_User

There are higher priced units on the market used by expeditions, forget the name for now but also used to hold fuel on enduro bikes on a special rack.

18. kellory

Yep, seen them. Stackable for fuel, and water. Lock into quad runner racks too.

19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

THose were mostly user errors... you nervous nelly =)

pearlselby likes this.
  20. kellory

Prove it. They claim poor quality, so reach through their reviews and slap the truth out of them. They claim badly fitted parts. They claim seals badly cut. If it is that easy to screw it up, then it IS A QUALITY CONTROL problem.
    $161.00 for 8 is $20.00 each. You can get some very fine water jugs for that much, they just will not stack like that.
    So you are paying for the shape, and if they don't seal well, then they are just expensive kids toys. (Play fort)
    I listed just the first three complaints I saw, there were a lot more.
    I haven't seen these, so of course, I can not give first hand opinion. But the thickness of a seal, how well it fits the contours of the pieces, and it's width WILL affect how well it seals, or if it rolls. Even the type of material it is made from matters. The pitch and number of threads affect the amount of force needed to get a proper seal. Nervous Nellie? No. Quality control conscious.
    I dropped this subject, and I wish him well with them, but if you wish to rattle my cage, so be it.
    Specs. Widths, gaps, contours, materials, thickness, but above all, the fit of the pieces matters most.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner