So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not if your a SkyPilot....

Tully Mars likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Something I didn't need to buy but did anyway;
    [​IMG]
    I decided whenever I find any .22 bulk packs I'm gonna buy 'em.
    So I did. [tongue]

4. kellory

50' paracord, @Hanzo 20' of it went here, in case of need. Three pounds of peppered bacon for my last remaining venison backstrap.:D 1437172171287-1774864347.

Ganado, Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I know you would never hit anything with that cane, @kellory. But all that cord would cushion a blow a little. Just saying...

Bacon and backstrap.. You tease!

kellory likes this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

It would still work if he poked something... Hard...;)

Hanzo likes this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I like to use every surface of my big stick! [doh]

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. kellory

Naw, but it makes a great grip for hooking a knee. Pics will follow of the backstrap.;)

Ganado and Hanzo like this.
  9. Witch Doctor 01

Yard Dart, Ganado and Hanzo like this.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. Witch Doctor 01

I use a cane to walk with... so I have a selection of different canes... I generally use mine has a hanbo... with a hook....:)

stg58, Yard Dart, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  12. kellory

So have I. A staff is an extension of my will but too many people see it as a weapon. Few look twice at a cane, and you know this one.

13. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Target had 28 x 52 terry cloth towels on sale so I picked up six for my BOB's.
    Not the thickest like I use at home but lighter and towels have many uses other than drying off.

14. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

Fireweed Jelly!!!! Yum, yum. Now I need more pectin, but I don't have the energy right now to make it, so I guess a "Superbear" ( local grocery) order is needed.

Yard Dart, Ganado and BlueDuck like this.
  15. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

I did try the old fashioned way of testing the fireweed juice to see if it might have enough pectin to jell by itself. It didn't, and then I really hated the idea of tossing a teaspoon of juice and a tablespoon of " Everclear", so I tossed it down like a shot of tequila ......... Mistake!!!!! LOL

Ganado, Yard Dart and VisuTrac like this.
  16. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Added 55 gallons to my fuel storage, 24 #10 cans of beef flavored TVP, new EMT bag and 100 bags of caffeine mints on a whim. Oh yea, started a diet.

stg58 and Yard Dart like this.
  17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Primal by chance? Only way to fly my friend..... plenty here tried with great success.... and it is not a diet, a way of life ;)

Sapper John and Ganado like this.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@t.riley. with that tvp better store up some fiber. That TVP will stop u up in a bad way without water and fiber. Jist a suggestion

19. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I keep a running spreadsheet of the calories, fat, protein, carbs and fiber in all my food preps. I have a half-ton of wheat. Thanks for the advice, I will watch it. I may need something to unstop me. Lost a bet with my wife so I am on her diet. She dropped 21 pounds in a month and kept it off.

Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  20. kellory

Several hunting packs. A compound bowpress, two tree stands, several hunting and work coats. A butchering kit, gambrel, block and tackle, two pairs of hunting boots, one work pair. A one man camping cot tent. Four 5gal gas cans (new), a buck/doe decoy, paper targets, about 4 dozen aluminum arrows, two mobile magnetic ham radio antennas, (got my Boafeng 3 unscrambled) replacement set of shoot through window screens for my doghouse blind, about a dozen yards of camo cloth, blow up mattress with battery pump. And a few dozen other odds and ends. Was offered a high frequency rig as well but was known to have a bad problem with drifting. (Passed) truck bed extender, (fits in reese receiver)

Hanzo, Ganado, T. Riley and 1 other person like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner