So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

One case assorted canned meats by Yoder, via JC Refuge.

2. forestdavegump

forestdavegump Got ur 6, Bubba.

Been dehydrating again and got a few things at Wally World.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. xls

xls Monkey

I managed to get my wife to sign up to SM . She did so just because of this thread and her enjoyment of the forum....... and we were reading again here and she let it out.

"What have you put away? Calories, fat @$$. Heh heh heh!" (I'm 6'3", 250 lb, and she's 7 months pregnant and well...... She is a member now don't need her reading
    What I could say).

4. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Hello, all. I'm the 7 month pregnant 'what he could say' (that's my official title)...what did I put away this week...

One bag of candy (that'll be gone by the end of the week)...
    One box of brownie mix (that'll be gone by the end of the night)...
    A 26" sub (that's already gone)...
    36 cans of green beans
    24 cans of corn
    3 cans of peaches

Motomom34, Yard Dart and Sapper John like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@SemperFiSkye
    Seems like you are an Aficionado of "JeAnn's Rules of Chocolate"

Rule 1. There MUST be Chocolate in the house.....
    Rule 2. If there is Chocolate in the house, It MUST be eaten....
    Rule 3. If there is NO Chocolate in the house, One MUST go Buy some....
    Rule 4. If you are Pregnant, The Old Man MUST be dispatched, Immediately, to accomplish Rule 3.....

Just a NOTE here.... @alaskachick is a 30 Year RN with a specialty in High Risk Labor & Delivery.
    She is my wife, and is just coming home, on Thursday, from a 6 month Teaching Deployment with Dr's w/o Boarders...
    She has been Teaching NEW Teams at their Training Facility in UpState New York, and working at HQ in NYC.
    If you have any questions, I am sure she would be happy to chat with you.... ..... We Monkeys take care of our own.....

6. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

@BTPost
    In a word, yes. There wasn't much of an obsession with chocolate prior to the seedling, but now there is (and who knew ice cream tasted so good?).

Small world. I worked with a recruiting office in NY for a few years. Thanks and will definitely keep that in mind. This mom-to-be is operating under the belief that doctors just want her money and that women weren't giving birth for centuries without their help for her to fail. Advice is always welcome, though. I'm not young enough to know everything anymore. :)

Also, another case of green beans has been put back, and three cans of spam (if I can keep them away from the bottomless pit (see: husband)).

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

fishing weights 002.JPG A few ... er..fishing weights for the wife.

oldawg and Yard Dart like this.
  8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Guess you will need to adopt the Primal way.... ;)

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

I've got about twelve weeks left on the oven bun. If the husband can keep up about a week or two after that's over with, he won't need the primal way ;D
    (He's not an overweight 250...but let's see him keep up with me heh!)
    When I got pregnant he said, "Don't worry, honey, I won't run without you."
    Heh. Heh. Heh.

BTPost, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  10. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Did our monthly grocery shopping yesterday(that had to wait til I got back from funeral). Got some canned chunky ham(tuna can size) and refried black beans at the dollar store for our food storage. Otherwise I think most of our purchases were for our usual monthly consumption. Sometime this year I plan to institute 'training' days where we practice rationing our food to be able to do it better when it's not practice.

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Got a sister?;)

12. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Lol I've got two.
    Trust me, they're not your type.
    Husband can't stand either one of them.

Put up 3 biiig cans of peaches.

kellory likes this.
  13. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

Picked up a Coyote Tan TAG Banshee Plate Carrier. Never felt I had a need for one and the wife signed me up for a class in 2 weeks. Looked over the required tools needed and apparently a Plate Carrier is needed. I guess I will have a need now although I can't justify another $250 on soft armor or hard armor right now. I guess if the SHTF before I can justify them, I will use a couple 10"x12" AR500 gongs I have.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Some additional freeze dry #10 cans.

15. ghrit

About 40# of a popular caliber. (Now I have to find a place to stack it.)

16. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

your dogs bought u a dead coyote to the door and you didnt take a picture ....
    BT can you please put that dancing picture banner thingy up here for me pleaseeee!!!!!

[worthless]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  17. ghrit

KAS can do it by cliking on the smilie icon. That's the little smilie face in the edit bar.

18. xls

xls Monkey

No picture, I don't need PETA or other legal PITA knocking on my door because it was said by someone's someone , who didn't know when to shut up.
    I hear-see it now..... Channel 4 news - killer dogs
    Today we have reports that the local Pd is investigating the deaths of wildlife in the area of XXXXX .
    Reports say last night a fight between the dogs at the residents show behind me and the local wild game and as you can see by the size of the dogs the resident may not be safe ...... Then I lost my dogs my home is compromised . I shall pass this time, but next time I won't hold back

Yard Dart likes this.
  19. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

PLUS...I would not be a happy camper if said officials removed my coyote-murdering animals/babies because XLS posted a pic...which in turn would make XLS an unhappy camper.

20. xls

xls Monkey

Slow week managed to stash a bit of canned tuna,2 gallons of cooking oils and a few pounds of pasta.

I need to put together some DTR bags.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner