So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Got 23 or 24 garlic bulbs yesterday. Food bank always donates some bread/bakery goods and occasionally produce to the weekly congregate meal here. Yesterday they had a HUUUUUUUUUUGE netted bag of garlic(probably 25-50lbs). Won't help against zombies I don't think, but vampires beware!(or anyone with a working nose) :)

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  2. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

This reminds me I want to try a few guerilla gardens this year. Garlic "takes" fairly well hearabouts.

I just need to wait till the snow melts. [tongue]

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Potatoes, carrots and such will be happening around here as well with the guerilla garden. Had not thought of garlic and other seasonings but I may have to add some in.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

16 gallons of 6.5 ABV Cream Ale kegged. 5 gallons bottled, 11 to go!!

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Very Nice!!

6. Finster

Finster Simplify, I'd say more but this says it all.

I spent much of the week sourcing different PDF books, and making multiple copies on HD, mem-stick and in the cloud. Sure I realize that when SHTF the net will be down, but when it starts getting worse ill have the info to print. In the meanwhile I'm reading all of it.

I found lots of free stuff, I prefer old texts from the dawn of the industrial revolution. In my estimation that's where we will be when Mr Crawford's Lights Out happens. So I'm stockpiling text now and books when I can find them, subjects like 1001 mechanical movements, design and construction of steam turbines, engines and boilers, Water Mills, meat packing industry guides ( unbelievably interesting ) etc.

I really need to start collecting some chemistry and metallurgy stuff. If anyone has others like this to share please PM me.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  7. Finster

I put together a nice "resupply cache" I'm hiding in the national forest near a permanent water source.
    7ea. 120 rnd .223 battle packs, 1ea. 500 rnd .22lr thunderbolt vacuume packed, 250 loose .22lr, and an essentials kit with matches, sm bic, 30' para cord and a tiny Swiss army style knife. All in didividual vacuume sealed bags, in a plastic ammo can.
    Maybe ill cut down on the .223 and add some assorted pistol ammo, yeah thats the ticket.
    I plan to pre-position this and 3 other small kits, 1 shelter items, 1 light and coms (solar recharged), 1 health & hygiene.

I'll map all this for my family as I may not be able to get to it in the 10-30years it should last.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    STANGF150 and tacmotusn like this.
  8. Finster

Darwin which carbine did you select and why? I'm looking for a .40 carbine now.

9. Toad

Toad Monkey+

Were going to W/M sister store Sam Club & get T/P dog food 100Lb worth, Bullion Cubes 225 count I believe and some storage shelving for canning jars.

10. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

Just an FYI on the plastic ammo cans my buudy had both the plastic cans and the metal ones during katrina the plastic ones leaked .{yes he had the O ring ...
    Glad to see u vacumed sealed them!!!

tacmotusn and Finster like this.
  11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Today we got some baking mixes, fresh strawberries(I plan to dry/dehydrate them), fresh raspberries(mom plans to eat them), rice, noodles, some canned goods, and I also got some seeds(a friend was looking over a tub of flower seeds someone gave her and let me take a few of some varieties she had plenty of): Calendula, sunflower, amaranth, and um...oh it was 2 kinds of sunflowers, that was it). No wait there was another kind. Crap what was it?! Oh snapdragons! That was it.

12. Finster

I was a bit worried about that, I have both but will try a few of these cause they have a higher capacity

KAS likes this.
  13. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Some 4" and 6" Israeli bandages and common Israeli field dressings all current vacuum sealed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  14. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

yoved a like minded buddy in came with a back hoe, getting starts going in the green house. And gee here in Warshington we got water. Incubating 30 eggs for layers

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Looks like a lot more "Water" is headed your direction Dog.... Better get out the Webbed Feet......

16. Toad

Toad Monkey+

110 Lb's of dog food, the big guy is a Mastiff Great Dane mix.

stg58 and Yard Dart like this.
  17. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

Found a new supplier of MREs so I picked up a few more cases of Menu A. Picked up a couple packs of cr123, a streamlight protac 2L, a kershaw cryo, and 500 feet of 550. Also got a maxpedition versipack to use as an EDC bag and for short day hikes. I really can't say enough good things about the versipack, if you're unfamiliar with them I suggest checking them out.

Yard Dart and stg58 like this.
  18. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

1 Mercury dime. I was getting change from filling up with gas and the airhead checkers looked at the dime and could not figure out what is was one thought it was Canadian and not worth as much as US dime asked me if I still wanted it....Ya I take it:)

19. xls

xls Monkey

300 rounds of .243
    500 rounds of .270
    and only god knows how many sticks of 12 gauge dynamite BB shot.
    Got 4 calves to slaughter later this spring and meat from dressing their mothers, (currently over stocked with powdered milk. Bottle feeding them all.
    I have a half dozen horses to break
    and I need to remove this coyote pack that insists on fighting my dogs at exactly 3:47a.m., in my yard, by my bed room window for the last 4 nights. Yesterday morning my dogs though a reward was needed after killing one and delivering it like the news paper to the front door.
    With the sleep I have lost I was not as happy with the gift as they were giving it.

20. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Buy those dogs some good fresh meat (I would say steaks, but I don't know your $ situation) fix it up for them and serve them the treat they deserve!

kellory likes this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner