So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Two ammo cans. 7.62 and .50 cleaned up, and drying now.

stg58 likes this.
  2. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Ammo to go

They have Raufoss in 5.56/.223, 7.62X54R, 7.62X51/.308 and 30-06

Availability changes quickly. [OO]
    Be sitting down whe you check pricing on the burney stuff. [tongue]

stg58 likes this.
  3. kellory

BPI- Connecticut valley arms B/p. 50cal
    Stag horn Mag, with Nikon 3-9X40 scope, case, tools and primers, couple dozen bullets and 50grain powder charges. Enough to at least get it sighted in properly. Only 27 rounds have been fired through it. It's nearly pristine.

stg58, Yard Dart and Finster like this.
  4. Finster

Finster Simplify, I'd say more but this says it all.

Holy Cr@p Batman! Thats $4-6/round... I have some GI Traces that will have to do, if I need to light someones ass [CRC]up Ill use a bic.

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I think I need to buy a loto ticket, got a 10-22 for 130 and then found 22 in stock at walmart and managed to get 250 rounds

Yard Dart, STANGF150, kellory and 4 others like this.
  6. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

1 carheart jacket from a company in canada Free
    1 pair of whites packer sno boots free
    and 2 stanford sweater thingies {70 a piece but about the wormest things ever}

{this is alot of cold weather gear for guy who lives in Lousiana}but i may move someday and if it is free its for me

7. Finster

300 rounds 9mm white box from Walmart.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    stg58 likes this.
  8. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

box of 325 22lr and a sks mag on clearance... was a good day

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Lots of soup and chili. Now is the time of the year that there are coupons and sales on both.

10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

It comes in handy on those 15 degree nights we had last week, too!

Picked up some more radio equipment and rotated out some gasoline....looks like just in time - some stations jumped their prices nearly $0.20 today.

11. Finster

Score! 6,000 .22lr at $0.05 per round from Midway... Sure its on backorder but every time I backorder from them I get my stuff soon enough.
    The whole lot is going into vacuume bags and getting put away for really long term storage. Now I can start shooting up my old stockpile.

12. August West

August West Monkey

6 Pints of Pintos and 9 pints of BBQ hash. :D

1529194_698563083510097_308721066_o.

tacmotusn and Motomom34 like this.
  13. JtotheP

JtotheP Monkey

A case (24) 16 oz. bottles of water, 20 troy oz of .999 silver, and 1,000 rounds .223 Federal ammunition.

14. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

what exactly is bbq hash ????

15. August West

August West Monkey

This is real close, everyone's recipe varies a bit. Mine usually has a good amount of deer, rabbit, squirrel and any other game I happen to have in the freezer but the smoked pork butt is a must.

BBQ hash recipe? | Taste of Home Community

Yard Dart and KAS like this.
  16. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

With a Christmas gift card a 30# propane tank and bottle of Makers Mark Whisky before the Japanese take over.

Yard Dart and KAS like this.
  17. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Bought my oldest daughter a new Kindle Fire for Christmas. Got an email indicating that I had an Amazon credit afterwards and didn't really think anything of it. Email said it could be used on books or magazines. Well, anytime we buy something at the 'Zon, I usually stick some little "prep" style item on the order. This time I ordered a UTG Dual Pistol Magazine Velcro pouch. Price was just over $10. When I went to checkout, my credit had kicked in and the "Magazine" pouch was free! ;) My best guess is that they hit the keyword and applied the credit. Score!!

Also grabbed some Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer and one of the Butler Creek 9mm Universal Pistol Loaders. I really like that little item. Not critical, I know, but it makes it a lot easier for my wife to load mags.

Also, for my son's birthday, we got him his first pistol. Went straight to the house & oiled it up. We'll be breaking it in at the range on Sunday.

And the best toy of all... company I work for is restructuring and they were getting ready to toss some "non-standard" laptops. One of my techs noticed and snagged a couple of old fully rugged Toughbook CF-30s and gave me one. FULLY RUGGED! Yeah, they were old, and needed a bit of TLC, but I've already replaced the drive (had an old 80GB drive - replaced it with a 320GB), maxed out the RAM (had 512MB, now maxed at 4GB), and loaded Win7. Still needs some minor work. Battery is old and needs to be replaced (won't hold a charge for more than half an hour), and the waterproof seal over the AC port is missing, but other than that, I've got myself a real workhorse. This will end up being the monkeynet box I've been looking for. [coo]

stg58, kellory, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  18. IndieMama

IndieMama Monkey+++

One gallon of raw honey.
    10 lbs. of allergy free chocolate chips.
    (Folks with food issues, here. Makes it interesting and more expensive, sometimes, to prep.)
    Various coconut oil based soaps to have on hand/try before I stock up on one.
    7 lbs. assorted dried fruits.

19. kellory

Nicely done with the tough book @Jeff Brackett. I wish I had such luck! ;) did your tech friend have any more he wished to part with? I could use one.

Finster and Jeff Brackett like this.
  20. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Sorry kellory. No such luck. There were two of them. He kept one, and gave me the other.

Finster and kellory like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner