So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

They are the first .22's I have been able to find local since this circus started.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I can feel your pain. The boy has just gotten out of school for the summer and I've only been able to secure a few hundred rounds for him to practice with a reasonable price .. reasonable being less than 8 cents a piece (I'd prefer the 2-5 cents before nuttyville) but there is no way I'll pay 14 - 25 cents per round that is typically in my AO.

Watch on line pricing, availablility, sign up for notifications for when things are back in stock. typically 22LR (hell just about any ammo) is selling out in hours of being posted on line.

3. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

I am truly sorry to hear that. I understand the need for them but I would not pay that price. I'm in Oklahoma and while I haven't been able to buy in bulk most of the time I go to the store I can at least get 3 boxes ( although it may be 3 separate calibers.) Academy and Bass Pro will keep my business because neither company raised their prices through all of this.

4. kellory

I'm trying to look at it like you do when gas is high, but the car is empty. You buy a little, and wait for the cost to drop. I would feel real stupid, if I ran out of ammo, because I would not spend $10.:(

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I installed a new Marine VHF Limited Coast Station Radio in the cabin, today. It has been sitting for 3 months, and finally got to the top of the Projects List.
    I had to fight the Windoz Driver issues, AGAIN with the Programming Software.... but it is in, and working, and I am hearing all the Fisherman complaining about the Fish Prices, from all over the area.... Another Spring Job, checked off the list....

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

200lbs of lead for my muzzle loader

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Got the final piece to get the wind turbines goimg. 500 ft. of 10 gauge for under 85 frns. Now the fun begins... erecting the tower

STANGF150 and VisuTrac like this.
  8. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

how tall r these towers?

9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Tower is 40 feet extended, collapses to 20 ft, and is on a tilt base...hurricane mode, ya know ;) ...but with two 3-phase turbines I am looking at 6 runs of wire, each 70 feet long. 420 feet just to get to the controllers.

10. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Converting worthless FRN's into PM's this week. [coo]

VisuTrac likes this.
  11. kellory

not much. just some anti-static wrappers for my iden phones.

12. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

4- 10/22 10 Round Mags, 3 DPMS 308 Mags, JP Enterprises 22" 308 Barrel, DPMS Complete BCG, & a variety of seeds

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well I scored 4 more silver dollars yesterday at the local pawn shop. Paid cash as always. Stooopid kid behind the counter asked for my name. WTF, I figured John Smith might have been in there lately so I was John Roberts for that transaction.

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  14. kellory

next time, try John Galt......;)

NotSoSneaky and STANGF150 like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Psst...wideners.com Has a few primer's in stock...

16. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Haven't done too much stocking up this week really, other than adding to my homesteading library, but the peas are flowering so I'll have them to stock up on soon :) That's if any make it from the garden to the house(I only plant heirloom dwarf grey sugars) ;-)

That reminds me, gotta get the canning jars ready to get filled up :)

And the neighbors have been giving me their horse for a few hours each day, because I like the original riding lawn mowers. So I've been stocking up on lots of free fertilizer.

17. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

2000 count Astra Double Edge safety razor blades. This is 60 years of shaving at 3 shaves per blade (most get 6 or 7 per blade but I also shave my head. Cost = $200

Screenshot from 2014-01-05 18:32:22.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    VisuTrac likes this.
  18. kellory

I didn't even think to list those. i picked up 240 Gillette Trac II Plus lubra-smooth heads. Cost? 1$:D

19. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

4x PMAG M3 308WIN 10RD 50 State Legal, 3x PPU RIFLE AMMO 308 WIN 145GR FMJ/20, 10x AMERICAN EAGLE RIFLE AMMO .223 REM 55GR.FMJ/20, 5x PPU RIFLE AMMO 308 WIN 168GR MHP/20, 1x CCI RIMFIRE AMMUNITION .22 LONG CB

20. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm just hoping that my grand kids and great grand kids will think I'm nuts when they divvy up my stuff after I'm gone and didn't need to use it. Hopefully, their spawn will feel the same as them.

But I'm not all that hopeful these days.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner