So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Picked up 30 packs of assorted heirloom vegetable seeds for stocking. 80% complete with my raised bed garden this weekend. Moving next towards canning supplies for the harvest later on.

Silversnake likes this.
  3. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

Found some Eley Club .22LR. Got 500rds $.06/per

tacmotusn and kellory like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Looking for the old fashion Ball or Atlas glass canning jars with the glass top. I am sick of the metal lids developing rust.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Tattler Lids and seals don't rust. Others here will have to tell you if you can remove the metal rings after canning. I know you can remove the metal rings after canning with non reusable metal lids. In fact it is advised so you do not have a rust problem. ... jus sayin'

6. Couldn't you just spray some clear laquer, or for that matter maybe just primer (Krylon) on the lids if one wanted to minimize rust (applied after the cans are sealed, not before, so as to not interfere with a good seal)? I've never heard anyone suggest that, but seems like an option if one were putting their cans in an environment which could rust.

7. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

Got these little pouches for my BOB/Daily Carry bag. They were a little expensive for what they are but I'm a sucker for anything made in the USA and to boot they are made in a LEED certified factory. These dumb little things go back to my obsession for designing bags and technical items. I also ordered a knife from DanielRP. I will be patiently awaiting for that in the next 2-3 weeks.
    cache_560_600_0__100_topo_designs_accessory_bags_black.

8. Do you have a link to where you bought those pouches from? I'm always on the lookout for things like that to help organize.

9. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

topodesigns.com, there stuff is super good. As good as say a TAD bag or Kifaru but not tactical.

10. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

BTPost likes this.
  11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well I just obtained a new AR-15 from Cope's Distributing in Ohio. It's a DPMS Oracle 16". As of right now, they still have more in stock. Cope's Distributing

12. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

6- Ruger 10/22 (Kommufornia) 10-round magazines, 2- Trimag copplers, 2 Trimag pouches. 100 rounds of .223 (.13/round). Happy with today's purchase. I really home this Ammo box limit crud ends soon. I miss the days of being able to go buy a couple thousand rounds of what ever you choose.

Jeff Brackett likes this.
  13. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Found a few hundred small rifle primers. Also some lagre rifle primers.

14. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Found WWB 5.56 at the Wall-Mart a couple towns over from me. Had swmbo & notsominime in tow so I managed to snag 180 rounds for $.61 a round! (Me so happy!) They also had nice selection of Mountain House FD pouches so three days worth of pouches went home in the back of the truck.

Today was a good day.

15. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

2 bricks of .22 in a small country store in Metter Ga..... at $25.00 each...

16. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Two more small pressure cookers at $2 each at a yard sale. Loaded a few more hundred 243/270/9mm/380/and a few 40 cals.

17. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

My Starline Brass order for 1000 10mm brass arrived today and a local retail outlet had some small rifle primers picked up 1000, they wanted to limit me to 500 but I was able to get 1000. Plus a few dozen large mouth tattler reusable lids.

18. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

a new AR-15 complete lower, so now I have 2 new complete mouse rifles, all of 3 magazines for them, and not one round of ammo yet ...... lol
    btw ..... I am a .308 guy. I got my butt covered with .308, 12ga, 20ga, 9mm, and 22LR

19. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

Just jailed this. 349.00. + fees. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368380815.257896.
    Remington 870

kellory likes this.
  20. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

Just paid for this bad boy. Should have it in 12-14 days. Then the true work begins. Have to find all the parts to finish my new 600-800yd AR. The wife is not gonna be happy when she hears about my new $4,000.00 AR (Including optics)
    308_NT_set.JPG

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner