So I've traveled the internet...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grandpa Patch, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Bloody Hell! I guess that makes you all sweetness in the morning! LOL!

2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I would point out that some of the older posts are extremely useful and maybe even more important than some of the current ones.

3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I have been on fourms that are dead or dieing and some that the mods want you to spell ever word right I am more like teddy Roosevelt by the way he was the one who invented texting before texting and no swearing on some don't do this on others I had post taken down because a mod did not like the content but not here.

Alf60, chelloveck, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yea , I've thought about getting a pair of s'penders. Could probably be helpful at times . But with the weight of the Judge , I think I'd prefer it hanging from my shoulder than tuggin on my britches even with s'penders . Thanks for the suggestion .

Grandpa Patch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Build a custom shoulder Rig into the left side strap of your spenders... Shouldn’tbe to hard to do.... You already have the shoulder support strap....

6. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Haven't been here for very long myself but if you read between the lines you'll always get an answer to your question. I really like this board for the folks who have a straight answer with a little humor mixed in. I for one am not politically correct, I call a spade a spade if that's the case. Also there are a lot of veterans here too and I'm proud to be one. Just don't end up like Gunkid or Gecko 45! LOL.

7. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

One reason I don't participate in message/chat boards the way I used to is because I started my own blog. It is not a "survival blog" but it does have a lot of crossover appeal to survivalists/preppers and they represent a good chunk of my readership even through they are not my primary target demographic.

Freely blabbing away on message boards didn't matter so much when my blog had very few readers. Now that I've built up a significant following, I'm less inclined to post on forums/message boards. The reason is pure self-interest: Why should I give my best material and page views away to a website run by someone else when I can post it on my own blog and keep all the glory? If I'm going to work for free, I may as well work for myself for free!

So yes, I do purposely hold back. Sometimes I'll see a question or topic on a message board and instead of responding on the board I'll turn it into a blog article. I get a lot of good ideas this way. I admit it's self-serving, but no good writer exists in a vacuum.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You could occasionally start a topic linking part of your blog here. I know I linked one of your pieces because I thought it was a good thought provoking piece. Nothing wrong with crossing over. I realize it is a different readership between the two (IMO) but sharing one or two of your articles would be nice. One it could increase your readership and two I always find the comments educational. Readers comments and reactions vary on the same article, I find the mindset of different sites interesting.

9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I was a member for some time of an almost undead forum. They had a wonderful set of listed goals and altruistic success for a while.

There were more than a couple of snipers and dogpilers that effectively killed the forum with ambushes for any uninformed new member who needed education much more than being embarrassed and degraded. A few great members were still there but most, including the real owners wandered off.

After years of watching and occasionally weathering these attacks, I moved on and came here. I couldn't be more satisfied. (Thanks, DKR!)

The tree is a great place.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7