Signs to Watch For

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaybird, Mar 31, 2021.

1. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Every time I see one of those "sell all your bitcoin" videos, the price goes up. I usually see 2-5 per day from the youtube algorithm. I can't wait to see what those Fs have to say when its $300k or when the hyper inflation hits.

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Very unique topic. Much better than “ Living In A Tree or “My Red Swim Trunks.” What about a diversion AKA a prop? For example cases of fake beer and or cigarettes. “Take it boys, all of it!” Meanwhile you’re loading up the good stuff in a van or truck and off you go. (I’m just winging this reply early AM but the principle is sound)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Glad you said fake beer.
    NEVER speak or even think of giving up the beer.
    Blaspheme!
    [beer][beer][beer]

Well, Keystone Light maybe.

SB21, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

And PBR but that shouldn’t count as beer.

DKR, Altoidfishfins and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

What ? That K&B beer was some good stuff !

6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

LOL
    Donkey backwash

7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

ahhh, I was thinking....

[​IMG]

or, more conventionally
    [​IMG]

of course, by te the time these show up, it might be a tad late in the game...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

I would like to be gone, say 30 minutes before the events in the bottom picture.Tough read though

DKR, Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  9. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I've been looking at so-called 'spill-over' events
    (one example - Echoes of a Boom in Iran)

These are actions/events that occur outside of the US (or, locally, outside of your AO) . that can/do trigger a response that, too often, folks will say "I did not see that coming". Hence, looking for 'a sign' is perhaps - fruitless.

I'm not currently worried about classic rioting - at least for now - but with escalating crime (all kinds/all levels) here and too many other places - the impact can be sudden to you/us personally.

Example - folks locally have taken to the notion that red lights are 'advice'. That is to say, red light /stop sign runners have become so common, that I wait for a 5 count/look both way before going on a green signal. I'm not alone in this.

Two days ago, my son was waiting at a green light (he was a few cars back from the front) as more than one car pushed thru a left turn on a red signal. Yeah, a PITA, but...

Except he got rear-ended, by the car behind him that got rear-ended (and totaled) by a driver yakking on her cell phone and who - when he talked with her - had only seen the green light ahead.

Might this have happened anyway? Perhaps - cell phones are a killer after all, I got my azz run over by a cell phone chatterbox...

Back on task - Was this 'accident' 'triggered' by the red light scofflaws? I would say it was a definite factor.

And to the linked story above - if Iran and Israel really go at it, what is the fallout -this time - for the US? It's not 1973 anymore. I don't see the US bailing out the IDF. Not this time.
    We've been stuck in a miserable too-long war in the area. so we have at least some folks at direct risk.
    Add in a senile sock-puppet masquerading as a POTUS....seemingly hell-bent on killing domestic oil production and you have a recipe for a real life shit-storm. No matter you live.

Gator 45/70 and Jaybird like this.
  10. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

The election was a mini-trigger for me to double down on the things I felt lacking in. Knocking the procrastination items off the list is the biggie now.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7