SHTF,another what if?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, Jan 30, 2021.

1. sdr

sdr Monkey++

I'm not sure about boredom. Locked away in a basement for months yes. But daily chores needed for survival? My guess is it would be exhausting. Somewhere I have a post titled Alaskan Trapper. Can't tell you how many times I've read it. Eye opening.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. sdr

sdr Monkey++

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

YUP
    I dress down always , got lip from many ,, till i put on the gn/br hat / lipstick !!
    Be gray and watch . Bros are not always as I have seen .
    S

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yep....that right there.

"Already have 100 gals diesel and gasoline for my tractors,generator and side by side."
    = Not near enough.

[​IMG]

+ 10 drums of diesel, 5 of gasoline, 2 of kerosene.

Bandit99, VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I had already read that but had forgot about it. Goes to show you had better keep a hard copy for things you need to remember. Just one little thing you forgot could kill you quick. It seems as if today everybody is thinking about how much ammo they have or can get,not about spare parts for their guns,a simple broken firing pin can kill you. Spare parts are cheap. Always have at least two guns of the same caliber. Wonder how many young people now days would survive? Not many
    [flag]

Gator 45/70, SB21 and johnbb like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Ive seen quite a few different night vision , thermal scopes that are fairly inexpensive,, but ive figured they're probably not even worth the low price theyre offering them for. Thought about trying 1 or 2 of them myself tho.

Gator 45/70 and TnAndy like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I went on utube and found a people doing some testing on some inexpensive,, 200 dollars and less , night vision stuff ,, some of them seemed to work ok. Might be worth it for the price. I may look into some of it myself

Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Give it to someone that needs it, I got what I needed out of this life a long time ago. SHTF and I'm dying in the fight. Well, maybe I'd spend it on a few really good cigars and whiskey, Knob Creek probably. I don't smoke any more but what the hell, I can start.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Gator 45/70, madmax and TnAndy like this.
  9. Cruisin Sloth

Post links and we can all try a few , and post @SB21

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's an educational article, as well as an entertaining one. It highlights the fact that one will need more than one might think that one might need....bear in mind that there is no provision for self sufficient sustainment...other than trapped meat and gathering wild comestibles.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Go on youtube and search night vision reviews and you'll get different reviews on a bunch of different models from different people. I cant post links from my phone, which is the only way im able to see the forum here,, i don't have internet here for computer access.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I didn't see any meds on the list, last thing you need is getting a cold or flu out there.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Cruisin Sloth

@SB21
    Thank you Sir

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have an X Gen night vision. I'm not impressed.
    I got it cheap from Big 5 a year ago or so, and I excepted the fact it took a learning curve to operate it properly, but at my age I expected better, of it and me.

Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  15. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

4526D10A-F03C-42B7-AB05-A47F54A2A1CB. I got a Bushnell monocular lense night vision from Walmart for a little over $200.00. It’s good out to 50+ yards most nights. With the moon out it will work out a little further. It takes a 123a battery. I bought one about two years ago that my grandson broke while turning it on in mid day. The one I have now has a safety that will not turn on until its dark.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

If you are still smoking, when SHTF you're going to have severe withdrawal symptoms, so maybe stock up on some patches and stuff to help you withdraw. I've lost a great Uncle when I was 9, a grandfather and mother to smoking related illnesses. Grandfather wasted away due to lung and stomach cancer (he also chewed). Mom drowned due to COPD...horrible way to go, very slow and nothing they can do much to help (despite what you see on TV).

I'd buy ammo (if you can find any) and seeds to start with, plus look at how I was going to heat my house and filter water. Then stock up on food. Almost too late to start now.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7