Shelf Life and Food Storage Information

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by RightHand, Sep 23, 2006.

1. john316

john316 Monkey+++

the honey needs to be raw local honey
    some national brands honey will turn and go badin a year or two

CraftyMofo likes this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

A lot are supplimented by high fructose corn syrup. Against the law? Yes. Do inspectors have time to mess with massive Honey producers? No. Overseas standards? None.

3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I was moving some of my food preps from the barn to the house (summer temps are much cooler in the house) and checked on the condition of the food. One plastic tote full of Ramen Noodles had a funny smell...the plastic bags were breaking down and had imparted an unpleasant taste and smell to the noodles. They were dated 2009, so they had to go, still I got my money's worth. I'll replace them and be good to go for another 15 years or more. So, check your preps regularly, don't just stick them in the garage, basement, or barn to go bad without you knowing it.

Zimmy, Seawolf1090 and CraftyMofo like this.
  4. matijasever

matijasever Monkey

That's impressive!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    Seawolf1090 likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Thai Chilis
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 4, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    I enjoyed my 1st Thai Chili Pepper harvest.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 4, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. oil pan 4
  5. JC Refuge
  6. JC Refuge
  7. Alanaana
    Ribeye, bay scallops, and mushrooms
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Aug 27, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. JC Refuge
  9. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Dunerunner
  11. JC Refuge
  12. jefferson
  13. Dunerunner
  14. jefferson
  15. Motomom34
  16. Dunerunner
  17. Coyote Ridge
  18. stg58
  19. duane
  20. Motomom34
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary