Setting up a 10/22 takedown to be stupid quiet

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Oct 27, 2018.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Hmm ,, you started this in Oct. '18 ,,, and you're still at it . You can't rush perfection. Looks like you've about everything together,, let us know when she's operational.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's been operational since I get the gun it just took till last year to get the optic squared away.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Unsupported I'm shooting about 2.5 to 3 inches at 100 yards. I'm not really sure how accurate it is, I need to do an indoor range day take samples of all my new 2020 and 2021 22lr ammo to the indoor range, put them on paper and determine the best subsonic and supersonic ammo.
    You might be thinking why use supersonic ammo in a dedicated subsonic money pit?
    Well the silencer causes a lot of blow back in the action, in a well used 10/22 with no silencer you can shoot about 500 standard velocity rounds before it starts to jam up. Add a silencer and you get around 150 to 250 shots with subsonic ammo before jam ups start, super sonic ammo will nearly double that. So ideally you load up two 25 mags of subsonics, then anything after that is full power. After 50 shots of subsonics the threat or threats are dead, ran away or knows where you are. So make the test kind of realistic put some subsonic rounds through the 10/22, get it dirty then shoot off a bunch of supersonic ammo.
    I have 4 subsonic ammos to test: cci quiet segmented HP, winchester super silencer, cci plastic coated subsonics and the infamous cheap/dirty remington subsonic from 2016-2018. My bet is the winchester super silencer will be the best since it costs the most, I only have 200 of them and it has proven to be kind of hard to find.
    Then I could test different supersonic ammo for the rest of the day until they close at 8pm.

gunbunny, SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  4. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I’m interested in hearing about your results.

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7