Sad day for the Constitution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnbb, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Slaves that came to North America and their descendants, were the lucky ones. Had they gone almost anywhere else in the world the slaves would have died early and without issue. The plantation system in American was more humane than any other, and the slaves enjoyed longer lives that included families. Slaves imported to South America and the Caribbean were almost exclusively males that were worked to death and replaced on a regular basis. ***Let me be clear, I would not want to be a slave, I would not want my descendants to be slaves, and I would not want to own slaves (they are a lot of trouble)!*** Before anyone starts lecturing me on the subject of slavery, let me say "SAVE YOUR BREATH"! I know as much, if not more, than anyone here! Also, my European ancestors were serfs (aka slaves) and the lords (aka masters) held the power of life and death! They could murder, rape, mistreat and steal/starve with impunity! Years ago, I traveled to Ireland and Scotland, while in Derren, Ireland we saw O'Brien's Last Erection, a monument to a member of the O'Brien Family that fathered over 300 children, mostly with his tenants. It didn't matter if he was handsome, or a skilled and considerate lover, his tenants had to submit to his demands or suffer. Serfdom ended, but now it just goes by other names, and while there are alternatives/appeals to meekly submitting abuse still exists!
    ALL peoples need to realize that their experiences and histories are not unique, over the last 10000 years no population has escaped slavery, persecution, poverty, etc. So, educate yourself, grow up, and realize that YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL!

mechstdr and johnbb like this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Since 1861, there have been about 59,000 bad days for the U.S. Constitution! That was when America changed! The Civil War was the aka The War Between the Americans and the Yankees!

mechstdr, johnbb and Idahoser like this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Some years ago in Readers Digest I remember reading a black journalist went back to mother Africa thinking he would be warmly welcome. Much to his surprise Africans were prejudice against him as an American. I forget what war was going on or the river but he saw a lot of bodies floating by. At that point he wrote I don't care if my ancestors were slaves or how they got here(America) I just thank god they did. America is still the best if you want to put the effort in.

mechstdr, SB21 and Zimmy like this.
  4. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

i read a story, similar to yours a few years back. the writer said he was in Africa as a merc and had a soldier who went around saying he was african-american, was caught sleeping on guard duty, if i remember right, was chewed out for it, but started crying about racism and prejudice ( he was black), got fired and sent home. funny thing, the writer (he's white) was speaking to the person who hired them (he's black), he told him he didn't like the soldier because of saying african-american all the time, to him the soldier was an american nothing more!

SB21 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Pay back is a bitch.

mechstdr likes this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I had a buddy's brother that was in the Navy in the mid to late 70s ,, He said they docked somewhere in Africa , a black sailor came off the boat ,, said something about " how ya doin' my brother " ,, my buddy said the African said '. you're not any brother of mine .

Last edited: May 9, 2023
    mechstdr likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7