Sad day for the Constitution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnbb, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

He got nominated, by Obama in March 2016. Republican majority in the Senate never held a hearing or scheduled a confirmation vote. His nomination went away with Obama leaving office.

Gator 45/70, Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm certain that the unpaid Aboriginals can relate since that practice endured in Australia until the 1970's.

Racism and slavery are both repugnant, but sadly have existed from the beginning of our species and still continue today, even if illegal in most countries.

Australia has it's own history of slavery which legally ended only about 20 years before the US. It also exists to this day illegally, just like it does here. I once read somewhere something about glass houses and stones... Some edification for those unfamiliar with Slaves Down Under
    Slavery in Australia - Wikipedia

As for US slavery and the African slave trade, three percent went to North America. Australia had it's own supply of Aboriginals and Pacific Islanders so had no need to get theirs from Africa, Though most wound up in what is today the US, some of that portion went to Canada and Mexico. Why is it that people fixate on those three percent, but never seem to worry about the other 97%?

upload_2022-4-8_9-36-4.

johnbb, oldawg, fedorthedog and 5 others like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

And thank God for that. He's demonstrated partisan behavior as the head of the DOJ and it scares me to think that he came close to being a member of the USSC.

Airtime, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Meh, you think this new justice is bad. Wait for another 30-50 years. She'll seem like a moderate.
    Society is changing/shifting.
    We are going to seem like fossils/relics of the past.
    The future won't be anything we would accept but our great grandkids will think it's normal.
    Granted, when we wind up in an old fogie home and the cost to the state becomes too great, the government euthanasia pod will arrive to take us to our going away party that will be attended by the holograms of our kin. Good times. I hope they play Radar Love at mine.

Gator 45/70, SB21, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  5. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I won't be a live to see it but my kids and grands will and it scares to death

6. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

You are right! Bad language on my part.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Collins, Murkowsky and Romney ----They run as Republicans and why on earth they get voted in is beyond me. They are so far left of being a conservative it's not funny.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Seepalaces like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I only fly with pilots whom have been shot down or crashed a time or two and walked away, That's real time experience right there!

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

In that case, John McCain would have been a natural for piloting at Trump Airlines. ;)

[​IMG]
    The rise and fall of Donald Trump's $365 million airline

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Quite shocking that a businessman would try a new venture, then when it didn't pan out cut his losses and moved on to the next opportunity. The horror of it all. One thing that did strike me was how well his former employees spoke of him, especially the pilot whose wife had cancer and the airline covered the medical bills they could not.

enloopious, SB21 and Seepalaces like this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It's just amazing to me ,, how something,,, just a word ,, a picture ,, an object ,, or almost anything ,,, and sometimes nothing at all ,,, ,,, that has absolutely no similarities,,, can trigger " Trump Derangement Syndrome " .

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I find it similarly amazing that any, even the mildest criticism of DJT, can trigger TDS (Trump Defensiveness Syndrome). Pathologising others who don't share one's own worldview, is such an effortlessly casual way of discounting a discordant viewpoint. :p

Seepalaces and SB21 like this.
  13. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Been my experience that for every venture that pans out and produces gold there are 123 that leave you with a pan of sand and mud. Much better to cut your losses when a spot is only producing mud and more losses. While I never had the ambition to be ultra rich It took a lot of trial and error putting together a package made up of producers and that did not happen by clinging to the things that were proving to be bad investments. While I have never filed bankruptcy, I will not hesitate to take huge tax write offs for losses on ventures that were turds. Guess that makes me a failure in Chel's Worldview.

Seepalaces, 3M-TA3, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Maybe you didn't notice,,, never once in these post was I defending Trump,, just stating an observation. All I have ever said is Trump did more good for America and its people,, than what we've got ,,, that's not defending,,, just stating a fact. I appreciate your discordant views ,, as I have never been completely right , so any discordant view is helpful ,, no one is always right ,,, even the Trump haters .

15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"The senate voted to confirm the leftist/activist Jackson to the Supreme Court. 57 to 43 thanks to the spineless RINO's."

So, they confirmed her... The handwriting was on the wall from the beginning and now we have to put up with her until she is in her coffin.

This is one area of the Constitution I disagree with, lifetime tenure. I believe there should be an age cut off and, yes, I do understand why the Constitution did it, to ensure stability, however people didn't live until almost 100 in those days.

Anyway, I know most won't agree with me about this but there it is. I also think there should be term limits and find it remarkable we have them for the President but they are unconstitutional for Congress, someone explain that one to me...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    Alf60, SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  16. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I think today the largest form of slavery, and probably the largest actual slavery in history is going on right now in the sex slave trade. It is MASSIVE. Nobody is talking about it though so it goes mostly unchecked and largely unnoticed.
    Sexual Slavery, That Big Business | Wall Street International Magazine
    So much for civilization and evolving.

As for business ventures the ratio is 1/10 businesses succeed. 1/10 of those make it to 10 years. So its pretty low hanging fruit to criticize any entrepreneur who takes a chance. It does take real fortitude to try 9 businesses that fail and keep going... not so much to criticize someone for taking that chance.

17. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Soooooo...TRUE!! Is there anything more infuriating than Whoopi Goldberg whining about slavery in a posh high rise less than two hours away from friggin HAITI? AND what the even frack? Epstein and his nutcase girl tool get arrested and law enforcement won't release the names of the Johns? Do it. Right now. And arrest every single one of those pervs. RIGHT. NOW.

3M-TA3 and enloopious like this.
  18. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

The Supreme court was set up originally as life time appointments so that they would not be influenced by the change of leadership --they were to be independent nonpolitical and follow the Constitution as it was written and nothing else. Unfortunately the Supreme Court is nothing but political now and little to do with what the Constitution says. It will only get more political wiith this affirmative action leftist. Be interesting to know if and when she ever read the Constitution

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    3M-TA3, Seepalaces and enloopious like this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Then Trump owning 500 plus businesses against 16 failures is not so bad after all?

enloopious, Seepalaces and johnbb like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh man if looks could kill. The face you make when a black man is about to be appointed to the Supreme Court. The searing look of disgust undeniable. At this moment I guarantee bidet knows the Anita hill fiasco is a load of made up horse shit.
    Screenshot_2023-05-04-22-00-01.

Screenshot_2023-05-04-21-44-03-1.
    You search for "Clarence Thomas" on gulag and it auto fills:
    Clarence Thomas wife
    Clarence Thomas kids
    Clarence Thomas address
    Wtf gulag, not cool.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7