Random Cool Tricks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]

2. hot diggity

Taking standardized tests like the SAT.

Rule #1 was to guess wisely. For instance, if they asked for the most of something then the answer is hardly ever the biggest number in the choices. So, try this:

What are the most pieces you can cut a donut with two straight slices of the knife?

A. 3

B. 4

C. 5

D. 6

A and B are out because an idiot could do that. D is out because it's the largest number. You pick C correctly without even knowing how it's done which is like this...

[​IMG]
    If you're allowed to move the pieces after the first cut you can make six pieces. Cut the donut in half, stack the halves on top of each other and cut the four ends off. ;) Don't use that logic on a standardized test. You'd be correct, but your answer would be marked incorrect. Save that kind of logic for bar bets where you can probably make more money than you can cutting up donuts anyway.

Gator 45/70, GrayGhost and SB21 like this.
  3. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    Interesting, but I'll pass.

4. hot diggity

5. hot diggity

Not so much a trick as an observation. I wanted to have some watered wine tonight. I always suspected that ancient Romans and Greeks did this because their water tasted bad. Wine helped hide the taste.

I had two half bottles of wine. Half a bottle of wine around here is an instant clue that it was never that good. Both turned out to be brown and vinegar tasting. They couldn't be more than a couple years old.

Whiskey on the other hand keeps well. I polished off the last of a case of almost forty years old Kessler's from my last wedding and it had just kept improving with age.

So be selective about what you put away for barter or medicinal purposes, and if you can't find bargains in small bottles you can always fill some small ones for trade from the big ones. Just don't count on storing any $3 bottles of wine past a few months.

6. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Not a bad whiskey at all, brother...

20230818_071556.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  7. hot diggity

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Customizing thrift store paintings.

8. hot diggity

9. hot diggity

10. hot diggity

[​IMG]

According to Aldrin, he always wears three. Two of the watches – NASA-issued Omega Speedmasters – have been on the Moon, while the other has stayed on the ground like a loser. “See, you need an odd number (of watches) in case there is a discrepancy so you can sort out which one is what.”

11. hot diggity

12. cpaspr

cpaspr Monkey+++

Now that's just wrong.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey if the shoe fits?

GrayGhost, Zimmy and SB21 like this.
  14. hot diggity

15. hot diggity

16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Must be Bilbo's private library.

GrayGhost, Zimmy, cpaspr and 3 others like this.
  17. hot diggity

18. hot diggity

19. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    I can't find the artists name on this one, but I see lots of transmission parts, maybe a couple EGR pipes, assorted springs, lots of chain and half a pair of scissors.

20. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I went and looked at a job today ,, the guy had an alligator made of parts in his front yard ,,, the body was made from horse shoes ,, had a strip of a tire for a spine , the head and mouth was made from sockets , wrenches , needle nosed pliers , and a few other miscellaneous tools . Pretty damned creative .

Gator 45/70, Zimmy and hot diggity like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7