Random Cool Tricks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Dec 14, 2016.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Farm Equipment, no street license required.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

IMG_20221031_133420.
    IMG_20221031_133415.

Flat rate technician's tubing cutter.

Press a button and it opens to the maximum opening. Put it over the line and simply push to close it. From there you turn the knob and spin the cutter

No markings to indicate manufacturer, but it's a twist on tubing cutter design I've never seen before.

3. hot diggity

When you need to bend it just enough to get in there, but you need it held that way. The air jack gives unlimited adjustment without damaging fabric or paint.

IMG_20221101_090109.

IMG_20221101_090119.

4. hot diggity

[​IMG]

Disclaimer - I have not tried this. We don't eat much corn unless it's in a seafood boil.

5. hot diggity

[​IMG]

The mirror shows the trick. Imagine how fast you'd get a "Who is there with you!?!" message from your wife if you did this while you were out of town. ;)

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. john316

john316 Monkey+++

AROUND HERE WE COOK CORN, WRAPPED IN WAX PAPER, IN MICROWAVE FOR 2 MIN OR SO
    ALSO POTATO , WRAPPED IN WAX PAPER, IN MICROWAVE FOR 2-4 MIN OR SO
    POKE A FEW HOLES IN THE POTATO SKIN

Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Grandma used to send me out to the cornfield for a few ears of corn ,, she'd peel the husk back ,, throw in a little butter ,, wrap it back up and toss it in the oven .

I always thought it looked a little weird ,, sitting at the table with all the food nice and neat and hot ,, in pots , pans and bowls ,,, and then a plate with half a dozen ears of corn full still fully dressed , with singed silk ,, and and the husks browning on the edges . Weird ,, but completely normal .

9. hot diggity

IMG_20221105_115831.

We get a garbage bag full of these koozies on a fairly regular basis at work. I like a freebie, but honestly, my beers don't last long enough to need a jacket. The only time I use them for their intended purpose is on Kure Beach where silly local regulations require the label on my beer to be covered.

Turn the things inside out to eliminate the free advertising and staple them on the wall and they're not only useful to hold your drink, they'll hold your cell phone or Altoids tin too. Would probably hold a spare magazine or a box of ammo with a little stretching. ;)

The best part for me is that this stuff has a place that's out of my pockets at work, and always within reach. Three staples at the top, two in the middle. I do sometimes have to pound the staples in with a hammer until they're flush. The one I removed when I got these new ones was more than two years old and other than being sun faded and a little stretched out it was still serviceable.

The price is right too.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  10. hot diggity

11. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    I used to be able to do that under the wiper cowl on my Datsun 510. Was a pretty good air conditioner until it all melted away.

12. hot diggity

IMG_20221113_164919.
    I may have to cut & past this to Functional Gear.

When I bought this ugly rake it was mostly because it was made in USA. After several years it's still around, and is the absolute finest pine needle rake I have ever tried. It not only rakes and pushes them it'll carry loads as big as you can lift to the fire. Pretty neat trick for a reasonably inexpensive plastic rake.

I've probably burned up a fortune in basket making needles from my Carolina long leaf pines, but I have no time to process them, and they're a tremendous fire hazard, so into ash they go.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  13. hot diggity

14. hot diggity

[​IMG]

Hammer for knocking down cones from cedar. Baikal region, Russia 1917.
    Harvested for nuts.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. hot diggity

16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

How fast you reckon that plane is flying there ??
    80 ?? 100 ??

I'd suspect it'd be a good idea to empty your bowels before hitchin' that ride .

Gator 45/70 and Gray Wolf like this.
  17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Guessing Goose and in decent low cruse maybe 50-60knts .
    On the dash of the ones I flew in , plaque stated "If one engine fails , the second WILL take you to the sean of the crash !"

Mallard or Goose hard to tell , but flying boat from Grumman .

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

To big for a Goose, likely a Mallard…

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Ya , not many of those , but the few i flew in were better at slow stable flight , under powered.
    Just an AME ..Yoked many
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. hot diggity

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7