Random Cool Tricks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

IMG_20220617_082235.

When I'm in my work uniform I've always got an extra keys on me in case I lock my keys in the car or house. Since flipping the lock on the way out is pretty much automatic for me I find myself using the extra keys often. In the summer, and while I was recovering from surgery I wore shorts without pockets and had to practice my break in skills often. Too often.

The solution came out of necessity. I have to occasionally let people in the house when I'm not home. I always know when they're coming and used to just leave the door unlocked. After COVID and with the recent unpleasantness in the economy I wasn't inclined to leave the house open when I left.

A realtors combination lock box ended up being ideal. I have the door and bolt locked, but can give the changeable combination to those who need it. The box is completely concealed by the armored storm door, and inaccessible when the storm door is locked. This also means I can walk outside in my shorts with no keys, lock the door, and easily get myself back in. ;)

Locks are to keep honest peolpe honest. Anybody that was determined to get in would just break a window.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  2. hot diggity

John Hurley (RIP) with an interesting approach to police accountability protests. That's a mirror.

John Hurley police accountability protest..

Gator 45/70, Seawolf1090 and SB21 like this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Glad to to Hanzo posting , and to hear that the girls and him are good.
    He has a plate to look after in more ways than we know.
    Sloth

4. hot diggity

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo Sloth.

SB21, hot diggity and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. hot diggity

Functional, but it looks like he's taking the living room out for a ride.

[​IMG]

7. hot diggity

8. hot diggity

9. hot diggity

10. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    Is that a washing machine?

11. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Multitasking like a BOSS!

12. hot diggity

13. hot diggity

14. hot diggity

15. hot diggity

16. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    Simplified drivetrain, decreased load carrying ability, increased fun.

17. hot diggity

18. hot diggity

IMG_20220705_162939.
    Like my left handed 5 irons with the hook cut in them for pulling the lift arms from under cars, this putter is great for pressing brake pedals in cars that are on the lift. Since I can't open the door to press the brake with my foot, the light and we'll balanced putter handle works great.

19. hot diggity

IMG_20220705_173155.

I'm always the last one out of the shop and everybody knows that if they plug in a fan they need to unplug it before they leave. Don't unplug your fan and make the grumpy old man walk around to do it for you and I'll make plugging it in the next morning more difficult. ;)

I threw that cord up there in one try, and it's been that way since Friday. I think he got the message.

20. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    A whole lot of work to turn money into noise. I was over the whole MG thing by the time I got the last hint of CLP stink off my hands. I still appreciate hearing a gunner that can make an M2 or or 240G "talk" on a misty Saturday morning while I'm sitting in my blind the woods, but I have no desire to play with them anymore.

Gator 45/70, GrayGhost, SB21 and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7