Random Cool Tricks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Dec 14, 2016.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yep ,, you can buy it at roofing supply companies like ABC Supply ,, just Google for the companies in your area. I bought some pretty good stuff for about 2 bucks a foot. The guys I used to put the gutters on a house I was working on wanted more to put the leaf guard pieces on than the actual gutters .

GrayGhost, Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Very cool!

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  4. hot diggity

5. hot diggity

6. hot diggity

7. hot diggity

8. hot diggity

9. hot diggity

IMG_20220531_154311.
    This is what I use for a parts and tool box working under hoods. I have bunches of magnetic trays, but with so many plastic fasteners they're frustrating. This style box, that cables come in, prevents stuff from falling out even if the box slides down the side of the engine. Or my favorite, between the the engine and radiator.

10. Seawolf1090

Genius!!

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. hot diggity

12. hot diggity

IMG_20220602_160015.
    You never notice a missing valve stem cap when you're on your way to the parts department. It's always when a customer is waiting and it's lunch time.

I solved that by sticking valve stem caps of various sizes on the allen screws on my lift motors. I've had one or two up there for a long time. The new ones will even nest, so I always have plenty right within reach. ;)

13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Tricks of the trade .

Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  14. hot diggity

I had to laugh yesterday when I was doing an oil change on a 1971 Chevelle. I took the oil cap off and dropped it into the hood latch like I always do. Young technicians were hovering around, looking at a car far older then themselves. One said "Wow, is it made to fit there?"

I missed the opportunity to send them wandering around the car looking for the fuel cap. That would've really been entertaining. ;)

15. Seawolf1090

What's really hilarious is a young guy trying to find the gas cap on a 57 Chevy!

16. hot diggity

17. hot diggity

18. Seawolf1090

That's some genius!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. hot diggity

20. hot diggity

I've had brass handled valve stem wrenches, black, orange and red plastic handles too. They all walk away from the tire machine or fall behind a tool box drawer.

The economical solution is just a spare valve stem with a slotted tip secured with red Loctite.

I snip the flange off square so it won't roll. Gets the job done without helping the tool man make a boat payment.;)

IMG_20220608_172002.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7