Random Cool Tricks

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Glad you moved on from GF1 , Nice squeez i hope

Meat and SB21 like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

gfhjgjgfhhhhhhhhhh.
    I just use mine for starting the burn pile, but my neighbors seem to enjoy the roar on a nice quiet evening.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Gator 45/70, Homer Simpson and Meat like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Some nifty ideas....

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Some ingenious ideas....the DIY car jack circular saw may not be OSHA compliant....definitely not a toy for children or the ham fisted. :eek:

5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Good videos Chellovek.

SB21 and Ganado like this.
  6. hot diggity

I call it spooning. It's a technique for straightening foil thin metals when even the tiniest hammer would be too much. By gently tapping with the spoon I can work smashed pieces over a mandrel to restore their shape.

[​IMG]

7. hot diggity

8. hot diggity

I will try to get pictures of this, but it's not easy, since I have both hands involved.

I've been handling 40 pound bags of horse bedding for years. I used to just man-handle them and sometimes made a mess. Twenty years have gone by and I have new respect for forty pound bags. Seems like they're getting heavier every year. What I needed was an efficient technique for handling them, and specifically for pouring them where intended. This is the technique I've found that works best for me. Use your imagination and you'll be able to see what I describe.

First I stand the bag up with the top seam straight out in front of me. I cut the top corner that's facing away from me at a 45 degree angle upward back into the bag, starting about six inches below the top seam. I stop well short of cutting the corner off. Just cut the bag open at the corner. The corner of the bag can then be folded inside and forms the front handle.

Tilt the bag forward (opening down) and grab a hand full of the bedding through the bag at the upper rear corner of the bag. Now you have two handles to lift the bag with and can pour the bedding exactly where intended. More importantly, you can stop pouring when you want. After the bag is down to twenty pounds you can change your grip and pour however works best, but for handling the initial forty pounds I haven't found a better way.

Ganado, SB21 and Meat like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I dig these tricks. I used my dumb little concentric neutral twister just yesterday at work. Maybe I’ll post pics later for clarity. I was reminded of a trick I used in the past. You see every truck had a different tape color on the tools to distinguish them. Now Scout’s Honor I’m a guy at the end of the day that restores things to orderly but......You know the rest of the story. Instead of returning things for grown a$$ men it was easier to re-tape them to the color of the truck they were left on. Their lack of tools the next day isn’t my problem. Lol. Good trick eh? :D

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  10. hot diggity

Stuff like that is why my father was in the habit of marking stuff with an engraver. "Stolen from the desk of D. Diggity" It did tend to keep stuff where it belonged. I do the same on all my tools and the latest item returned, just yesterday, was an 18" screwdriver that I left in somebody's truck. Like locks, engravers keep honest people honest.

Meat, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Good post. I deal with 60 and 80 pound bags of sakrete now and then,, and im telling you,, it ain't getting no easier as the days go by.
    I'd have a truck tool box full of tools,, when I started hiring guys and my tools started coming up missing,, I took a can of brightly colored spray paint ,, and just sprayed down into my tool box getting paint on anything and everything in the box. My tools didn't walk off as much anymore, as everyone knew who was holding 1 of my tools.

john316, hot diggity and Meat like this.
  12. Learned that from a machine repairman when I was an apprentice. He used the pink Dy-Chem layout ink his department used. I started painting mine two tone, yellow and black, company colours . Still works 46 years later.

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  13. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Lazy #&$^ where I work just don't do anything so my tools stay put.

DKR, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Neighbors borrow my tools and I wait...Next trip over to borrow something I tell them their credits no good.
    I get that blank stare for a couple of seconds...Then that light comes on.. maybe lol

Ganado and Meat like this.
  15. hot diggity

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nooooo[fnny]

Cruisin Sloth and Meat like this.
  17. hot diggity

[​IMG]
    Robert Samuel, founder of SOLD Inc, waits in line.
    Samuel is a "professional line sitter." He waits for anything, from sample sales to Saturday Night Live tickets. Samuel charges $25 for the first hour and $10 for each additional half hour. In one week, he can make up to $1,000.

18. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thats ingenuity right there.

Meat and hot diggity like this.
  19. hot diggity

I helped out a three man crew parking hundreds of cars for a sporting event in several large fields. They traveled all over the State doing this sort of thing and said it payed well for the time it took. Their total equipment for the job consisted of a dozen reflective orange vests (mostly for volunteer helpers), three radios, half a dozen flash lights and a few traffic cones. They worked with military precision, making maximum use of each field until all the cars were parked. Then they collected their fee along with their reflective vests and were on their way to the next venue.

With no large gatherings you'd think these guys would be out of work, but I have no doubt that they've found some new niche that hadn't occured to anyone else and they're exploiting it.

Meat and SB21 like this.
  20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

AE5A063E-F908-4A21-8AA0-DB9CE2C1CB47. 25 cent lip roller. Custom. :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7