Quotes on Liberty, Constitution, Bill of Rights, 2nd Amendment, Self-Reliance, This Day in History

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by AmericanRedoubt1776, Aug 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

“In our struggle to restrain the violence and contain the damage, we tend to forget that the human capacity for aggression is more than a monstrous defect, that it is also a crucial survival tool.” – Katherine Dunn

2. AmericanRedoubt1776

“Like gold, U.S. dollars have value only to the extent that they are strictly limited in supply. But the U.S. government has a technology, called a printing press (or, today, its electronic equivalent), that allows it to produce as many U.S. dollars as it wishes at essentially no cost…A money-financed tax cut is essentially equivalent to Milton Friedman’s famous “helicopter drop” of money.” – incoming Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, Deflation: Making Sure ‘It’ Doesn’t Happen Here (Remarks to the National Economists’ Club, Washington, DC, Nov 21, 2002)

Shovelready.

See also: United States Treasury security - Prepping Survivalist Wiki

3. AmericanRedoubt1776

"I will not cede more power to the state. I will not willingly cede more power to anyone, not to the state, not to General Motors, not to the CIO. I will hoard my power like a miser, resisting every effort to drain it away from me. I will then use my power, as I see fit. I mean to live my life an obedient man, but obedient to God, subservient to the wisdom of my ancestors; never to the authority of political truths arrived at yesterday at the voting booth. That is a program of sorts, is it not? It is certainly program enough to keep conservatives busy, and liberals at bay. And the nation free." -- William F. Buckley, Jr., founder of the National Review and host of Firing Line

Buckley's views could be almost summed up in one word -- anti-collectivist -- as reflected by this quote from his book Up From Liberalism (1959):[1]

Up from Liberalism, 25th Anniversary Edition:Amazon:Books

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  4. AmericanRedoubt1776

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  5. AmericanRedoubt1776

“The reality is … pandemics happen. When it comes to a pandemic, we are overdue and we are under prepared.”
    - U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt, as recently quoted at Breitbart.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  6. AmericanRedoubt1776

“King Arthur: I am your king.
    Woman: Well I didn’t vote for you.
    King Arthur: You don’t vote for kings.
    Woman: Well how’d you become king then?
    [Angelic music plays... ]
    King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
    Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin’ in ponds distributin’ swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  7. AmericanRedoubt1776

“… Mr. Clinton, sir, America didn’t trust you with our health-care system. America didn’t trust you with gays in the military. America doesn’t trust you with our 21-year-old daughters, and we sure, Lord, don’t trust you with our guns.” – Charlton Heston, in a June 6, 1998 speech at a NRA Convention

BTW. the same applies for Hillary

8. AmericanRedoubt1776

“The first rule in investing: don’t lose any money. The second rule: don’t forget the first rule.” – Warren Buffett

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. AmericanRedoubt1776

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them
    to do the same.” – Ronald Reagan

Sapper John and kellory like this.
  10. AmericanRedoubt1776

“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe

Sapper John likes this.
  11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

....or your dead, and it's not your problem anymore. K

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  12. AmericanRedoubt1776

"In politics, few talents are as richly rewarded as the ability to convince parasites that they are victims. Welfare states on both sides of the Atlantic have discovered that largesse to losers does not reduce their hostility to society, but only increases it. Far from producing gratitude, generosity is seen as an admission of guilt, and the reparations as inadequate compensation for injustices – leading to worsening behavior by the recipients." -- Dr. Thomas Sowell, America's most famous African-American conservative author

Sapper John likes this.
  13. AmericanRedoubt1776

“You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.” – Warren Buffett

14. AmericanRedoubt1776

December 15th is Bill of Rights Day. (The Bill of Rights became law on this day in 1791, following ratification by the state of Virginia.) We encourage our American readers to gather publicly and read the Bill of Rights aloud.

The 15th of December, 1923, was the birth day of Uziel “Uzi” Gal (born Gotthard Glas). According to Wikipedia, he was “…born in Weimar, Germany. When the Nazis came to power in 1933 he moved first to England and later, in 1936, to Kibbutz Yagur in the British Mandate of Palestine where he changed his name to Uziel Gal. In 1943, he was arrested for illegally carrying a gun and sentenced to six years in prison. However, he was pardoned and released in 1946, serving less than half of his sentence.” He is, of course, remembered as the inventor of the famous Uzi submachine gun and the short-lived Ruger MP9 (an improvement to the Uzi). Uzi Gal is not to be confused with Israel Galili, the chief weapons designer for Israeli Military Industries (IMI), who along with Yaacov Lior designed the Galil improvement to the AK-47. Notes for Monday – December 15, 2014 - SurvivalBlog.com

15. AmericanRedoubt1776

December 16th, 1928, was the birthday of Philip K. Dick, who died March 2, 1982. He penned a remarkable number of sci-fi novels and novellas that have been adapted into movies, including Blade Runner, Total Recall, Screamers, Impostor, Minority Report, Paycheck, A Scanner Darkly, Next, and The Adjustment Bureau. Though he had a troubled personal life (with drug use and several failed marriages), his captivating books certainly had a knack for envisioning potential futures.
    Fair Use Source: Notes for Tuesday – December 16, 2014 - SurvivalBlog.com

16. AmericanRedoubt1776

17. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

When asked in 1998 how he had become such a good shooter, Häyhä answered "Practice." When asked if he regretted killing so many people, he said, "I only did my duty, and what I was told to do as well as I could."

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 3, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dont
  5. Yard Dart
  6. GhostX
  7. Mortimer Adler Moose
    Thread

Oligarchy!

[ATTACH]
    Thread by: Mortimer Adler Moose, Aug 25, 2016, 18 replies, in forum: Freedom and Liberty
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. marlas1too
  11. Yard Dart
  12. RightHand
  13. Garand69
  14. Legion489
  15. duane
  16. Yard Dart
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Brokor
  19. Brokor