Question,how bad will this winter be?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, Sep 11, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have a winter storm warning.
    Reminds me of the blizzard of 1978.
    Solar cycle 21, the sun was just starting to ramp up after a normal solar minimum and boom, the 1978 blizzard. The timing is too perfect.
    Sun fires back up right as the northern hemisphere is going onto winter and had a really prolonged weird hurricane season.
    So this winter, maybe next, but more likely this winter someone is going to get hammered.

DuxDawg and SB21 like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

All my life I see people come and go, age is irrelevant.
    I never expected to live this long looking at the averages and the amount of people that pass on.
    I am not worried about passing on, I have heaven to look forward to, but I m not jumping ahead of God's plan for my life.
    Nor am I concerned for my children or other family members as they too are secure in the Lord in their lives.
    It is inevitable that the world is going to change, we don't have to like it but the best of us I think can endure it, the weakest of us will not survive except by some intervention.
    Even if one's ducks are in a row, unpredictable as life is, it seems prudent that for all the things we prepare eternal life should be on top of the list.
    If you choose not to believe, fine, don't believe.
    However, having hope is far better than having no hope at all. I think.
    Having hope looking into finding a job, beats sitting at home stressing over it, doing nothing.
    If a farmer plants no seed, what is it he hopes to harvest?
    It takes some investment and courage and action.
    Though I am retired, I still keep my mind challenged creating and rebuilding things for my own pleasure and helping others too.
    Will the world go nutz? I'm not going to worry about it till it happens.
    I've made preparations for the things I have anticipated so far, but there is only so much you can do with out more facts.
    I have trusted God this far, and I expect to continue till I die, no matter how the world spins.

jim2, Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

4. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

My astronomer cousin is planning on shooting some pix of the conjunction. Will post if he gets good ones AND he doesn't claim copyrights. He has published in professional astronomer mags and may say no.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah I saw 2 planets getting pretty close up there, didn't bother to look at which ones.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Austria got it. Record shattering snow fall that collapsed roofs at Austrian ski resorts.
    In reference to:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Not good information.

WW in the Millions

World death rate for Covid is now in the millions,

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7