Preppers

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Clyde, Jan 21, 2012.

1. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

I say 'lead and some will leave.'

I got rid of all my 'stuff', gave it to the guy on the corner with the sign........

Now he is selling it to people at the same corner, I created a job, what a good libertard I am.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

It may be a bit of an OPSEC breech although posting in a thread like you mention doesn't broadcast your name (which is quickly pinpointed to an address) like the interview in the article did.

The idea behind these 'what have you done today' threads is motivation and sharing ideas that some may have not thought of. Really, being a member of a site like this does the same thing as those threads.

3. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

I just mentioned it becouse there are those that post on that type of thread like it was some type of daily twi++er update.This gives a crook an easy access inventory list.
    Finding where that persons residence is only takes researching that persons posts for clues.
    As for keeping an OPSEC identity on the web,there are very few people that can keep their identity that way.Even then it requires bouncing through multiple proxy servers around the world.
    You could go through every post I've ever made on the web,and find very little about what I have,where/how I store things,or a good enough description to find my house.
    I'd just like to see the like minded be more carefull,is all.
    Just cuz yer paranoid,doesnt mean someone aint out to get you.
    Matt

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

As far as I recall, I have only contributed one post

As far as I recall, I have only contributed one post to the "What did you put away today" thread on this site....and that was to a bunch of reference books. My only fear about this blatant breach of OPSEC is that a horde of mutant zombie bibliophiles will track me down and ransack my library. : O

oh...that and the Gutenburg Bibles that I am wearing as body armour. ; )

Falcon15, oldawg and VisuTrac like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well Hell...
    Someone has looted my prep's...See the list below...:mad::mad::mad:

One 50ft.Silo of polished rice...
    10,000 lbs.peeled crawfish tails...
    1-18 wheeler loaded with #2 diesel...( for da generator)...
    1500 lbs. Seasoning...Creole...
    1-Bud Light truck...Loaded...
    29 case's...Crown Royal Black...

Look's like this guy...If you see him packing a 50 ft. rice silo...shoot me a P.M.

Read more: http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum...-did-you-put-away-week-147.html#ixzz1kEpxZ7li
    rotolooter5tl.

6. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Thanks! I needed that(As I blow Mt.DEW out my nose!).
    Matt[ROFL]

rjdawley1957 likes this.
  7. chelloveck

I take it that he looted those comestibles

I take it that he looted those comestibles after they had passed through your alimentary canal and urinary tract??? : O

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

all my preps were lost in a tragic boating accident. I was on my way to a remote island not to far from WeeGrannyMushes and well, damn those ore freighters make big waves.

The boat not being loaded out right, nosed in, took water and that's the last i saw of it.

For now i'll just have to rely on the bread line if something bad happens.

9. chelloveck

Visu Trac

I TOLD YOU, not to freight your preps on any Great Lakes ship called the Edmund Fitzgerald!!!

"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" - Gordon Lightfoot (HD w/ Lyrics) - YouTube

VisuTrac likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Seems there is a lot of those Lake Accidents going around, these days....

Falcon15, Gator 45/70 and Cephus like this.
  11. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yep, you would think a bunch of preppers would learn more about boating.

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

My Name is Seacowboys and I am a prepper.
    I started many years ago by stuffing everything that I actually needed into a knapsack and walking away from a life that wasn't working and may have caused me to put a bullet into my head. I walked city streets and dined on pigeons, rag baloney, cans of dollar-store chili, ducks and fish caught in park ponds. I sold plasma and worked at "Rent'a'Wino" jobs to put a cheap hotel room around me when the weather was really crappy. I hitched cross country, living on grassy knells between interstate highways (owned by public and nobody ever looks there). I learned that a drum-liner is more useful than a television. I learned that small knives will not get you arrested but big ones sometimes will. I learned that if you can keep your guitar out of the pawnshop, people will drop money into your case when you play.
    Many years have passed since then and I worked overseas for most of them, always learning to have just what I needed and not much more.
    I have a minimalist approach to preparations with the mind-set to provide for long-term security. My nest is surrounded by fish, game, fruit-bearing trees, nuts, garden produce, and small live-stock. I am well schooled in the skills necessary to collect and preserve food and do so with a dedicated fervor.

13. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Mine were lost in a tragic turn of events involving a weed eater, a frayed wire and some gasoline. POOF. all gone. I'll be in the same bread line with you, Visu. Gonna suck, but what you gonna do?

Gator 45/70 and weegrannymush like this.
  14. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Sorry to hear that. VisuTrac!!!!!!! You found out that the Great Lakes are no place for Amateurs didja? Well, it seems like accidents are going around these days (sort of like flu)....last night, would you believe, a huge bear broke into my stuff and totally destroyed everything, I went after it with my knitting needle weapon but it got away on me. Sheesh. So I've decided to give up Prepping and I'm moving up beside BTPost - that fjord he talks about seems to have plenty of room - what's one more little old lady, eh! Just one small problem, of course, I'm a Canajun so I'll be an illegal immigrant - well, that should make life interesting for your immigration people (unless they have more important things to do than chasing old ladies around the wilds of Alaska, haha)

chelloveck, BTPost and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. chelloveck

There is already a police wanted posted out on weegranny

Seen in a Police bulletin, somewhere in Alaska.

Feral Canadian Grandma on the loose:
    speaks with a scottish brogue, wears scottish brogues, armed with deadly knitting needles and a haggis cosh...disclaims being a prepper, has a highly dangerous sense of the absurd. Known associates, BT and most of the Survival Monkeys website membership.

Approach with extreme caution!!!

16. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

I wonder what all these stories would be like if we all wrote a book.
    Each of us write a chapter about our lives, send to a "face person" and have it published.
    Proceeds to SM or other worthy charity like the LDS cannery

The best part would be pricing it at "1- one ounce silver coin

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7