Prayer Closet

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Minuteman, Jan 10, 2011.

1. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Prayers sent from us here.

2. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Offering prayers for those in need.

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bless her and her troubles, May they come to pass quickly.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Please send one up for a friend of mine from pre SM days. VS has, today, a diagnosis of breast cancer. Looks like very early, and easily dealt with by a lumpectomy, but every little bit will help. Thanks to all.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Help on the way. Prayers for the success of early intervention.

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Prayers sent up for a successful treatment!!

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Prayers outbound for successful treatment and complete remission.

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Mental message mailed.

9. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Prayers sent for your friend ghrit. My mom is a breast cancer survivor.

10. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Tully prayers sent for all of you. You and yours have my best wishes and are in my thoughts

Ghrit prayers on the way

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  11. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

12. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Prayers sent...

13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I just wanted to take a moment say thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers for my daughter and the family. Your kindness is appreciated. While this isn't something that will be fixed over night, she is doing better. The doctors (and myself) agree that this wasn't a serious attempt, but more of an attention getter. While that isn't OK, it is something I suppose. Since I'm done running around globe chasing dead dinosaur juice, I will be spending more time at the ranch in Colorado this summer. We'll be opening it up a bit sooner than usual as soon as I can get things arranged and the road in cleared of the winter drifts. It is my hope that the peace and serenity that I've always found there will help Lauren as much as it has helped me in the past. There are many good memories that we all share from that place, and when my other girls come up on weekends we will make new ones and Lauren can put this behind her in time.

Again let me express my most profound and heart felt thanks to each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers for my little girl.

Tully

My prayers go up for your friend Ghrit.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    CRC, Motomom34, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  14. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I've been out of pocket a good bit, and busy every day....But just want to say a huge Thank You for all the prayers...I 'graduated' from Radiation last week....and have the 2nd degree burns on my chest and back to prove it. One 1st degree..The side effects are worse than the disease, and the side effects from the meds for the side effects are bad, lol......40 treatments, last 17 were really boosted....Will know more after PET Scan when Chemo is finished...but so far so good. Incredible support from friends and Community. Incredible! The different oncologists, and pulmonologist say I have THE best attitude of all their patients, and attribute my healing so far to it....They signed me up to do Peer to Peer counseling for new patients, so they have someone to talk to who's been through it, and is still going through it. I can't finish my Chemo yet as my WBC is so low I have almost no immune system....(No sushi, no pedicures, no oysters....and more.... Dang it...)

I have also been chosen to go to NYC for a benefit/banquet for the Cancer I have....I will be one of the speakers at a smaller group of around 200 people.They are flying me up there for a week...It's quite an honor actually. It is to be held mainly at The Plaza, but other places for different events. It's the Number One killer of all Cancers in this country and yet hardly gets talked about.Lung Cancer kills someone every 3.3 minutes in this country..and 33% of the people that get it are smokers. (Radon, Asbestos, Genetic Marker, Environment, etc...account for the other 67%) It kills more people each year than Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, and Colon Cancer combined! The red headed step child of Cancer.....lol, leave it to me.
    I'm also starting a group here, for support, and education....I couldn't believe there wasn't one! I'm going to kick this, and help others get through it...Anything less is just not acceptable. :p

I've had friends just show up, out of the blue, surprising me. One drove all night from Pennsylvania and was knocking at the door at 6:30 am in time for him to take me to Chemo...He wanted it to be a surprise, and it certainly was! He stayed a month...3 other friends from Ohio showed up...One from South Florida....it's been amazing to feel the love, caring, concern, and kindnesses from my friends, and some I hadn't even met but we have that Parrothead thing in common, and they just showed up when needed...and to see just how wonderful people can be....? Just an all over incredible feeling....I am one blessed woman.
    So, between prayer, attitude, gratitude and the kindness of friends...(some of y'all on here know who you are! And I thank you so very much!) I will kick it to the curb, and I plan on being in the 17% that make it past 5 years....

There is a 3 part special on PBS starting March 30th called Cancer:The Emperor of all Maladies. Ken Burns project, and I like everything I've seen by him. I'll be watching. I hope y'all do. It should be good....Video trailer:
    Video: Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies Trailer | Watch Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies Online | PBS Video
    :)
    I've never seen anything by Ken Burns I didn't like....

Again, Thanks y'all for the prayers, and messages....They make my day!

15. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think of you daily C, only good thoughts. You're one of the chosen few

CRC likes this.
  16. CRC

Thank you so much D......There is a closed, private, 'secret' group on FB and I put things in there that I wouldn't put anywhere else...It's interesting, reading back and seeing the change in my thoughts, feelings, actions and reactions....I so appreciate the good thoughts! Thank you, once again......

RightHand likes this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You are a warrior. @CRC fighting your own battle and now looking to help others. You truly are an amazing woman.

warrior_16_lung_cancer_sticker-r1bc3a62b00174db3800d3ec64610bea8_v9waf_8byvr_324.

Tully Mars, CRC and kellory like this.
  18. CRC

Nope....You just never know how strong you are until it's your only choice.....Thank you MM.... :)

Tully Mars, Motomom34 and RightHand like this.
  19. RightHand

You knew all along that you were strong. This isn't your first test so you approached your recovery knowing you could face whatever was thrown at you. Now its just a matter of reminding yourself, everyday

CRC and Motomom34 like this.
  20. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

@CRC - Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear things are going as well as they are! I was there for my dad when he went through what felt like a year of Chemo (Spindle Cell Sarcoma) and while I haven't been through it, it looked rough. Your attitude and strength are an inspiration.

Tully Mars and CRC like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7