Post Apocalypse Job Search

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by F. Ticious, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

[​IMG]

VisuTrac and Seacowboys like this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Is that Gil Hibbens in the middle photo? I have some of his knives.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

EXCELLENT recovery, Mr. Fic. Right now, all I have in my pockets is loose change keys and wallet. However, there's a 1911 within reach if some MZBs wish to sample my offerings.

I really was having trouble visualizing a full size machete strapped on while driving the Eski. A Rambo knife would also attract the attention of your, um, attackers. Good thing you had it stashed.

Now, if I go to wally world, other things get taken along, both in the BOV and in pockets. Plus, this is an open carry state --

BTPost likes this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I still have not figured out how a Officer of Court had 4 felonys committed on him... And the perps are still free as a bird ??

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is simple, He was a Divorce Lawyer, $99US for a Divorce.... not a Criminal Defense Lawyer, or a Corporate Lawyer, or a Tax Lawyer... Not a lot of money in divorce, especially at $99US per case.... ..... YMMV....

6. ghrit

99 plus expenses, I imagine. Also passed the bar we assume, so an officer of the court by inclusion. Plus, at 99 bux, quantity enables an Eski in the garage. (Or, like my guy did, practice in other areas as well ---)

(I have to admit some suspicions. He's alluded to a sticky wicket he was bugging out from ---)

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Im not really sure what Lawyers actually "do" nor am I really sure what this thred is all about

8. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

It seems to be about a lawyer and a yellow ass showing their ass !!!!
    My last trip down this road !![booze]

9. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

I wasn't casting aspersions.....I thought that perhaps it was a clue he had deliberately put into his post...like his name "F.Titious" (says a lot, that name, don't you think?) He may be "genuine" but I have a feeling we are being pranked/set up in some way, in a good fun way, not bad. He has certainly got us all thinking and talking but I personally feel that there is more here than meets the eye.....just sayin'.

larryinalabama likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, Granny.... and YMMV....

Seacowboys likes this.
  11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I just do not understand how anyone could find this thread objectionable, if it offends someone, then change the channel. Nobody pays you watch it. I see a scenario that is something that could happen, however unlikely, and a group of people that's only purpose for existing as a group is to discuss, debate, and compare skills and methods of surviving such an event and some of you want to get your tit in a wringer that it may be in fun? Seems to me like it has revitalized a critical section of our forum with real survival information that had been virtually taken over with product reviews and "new stuff" topics. For goodness sakes. there was even a thread on here about a stupid adventure TV show; what has that go to do with general survival?
    Thank you, Mr. Fictitious, you are real to me.

kellory, Alpha Dog, E.L. and 3 others like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

All lawyer's here when they pass the bar and wish to practice in this state...Swear to uphold the law's of the state are in defacto..Sworn as Officer's of the court and issued a Law enforcement badge's..Other state's may vary...We are under the Napoleonic Code down here...and as far as i know the only state under the Napoleonic Code...

13. ghrit

I don't know whether to continue with tips and hints for the "camp" or try to help him find a job (since that's in the thread title.)

14. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Mr. Ticious has many of us thinking about survival and, as Seacowboys says, that has always been the foundation of this forum. For me, the big question is, "what would I do" in a situation like this.

15. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

No! YMMV = Your Mind May Vary (to mine)

or

Yes Mary Might Vomit ; )

Mountainman likes this.
  16. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Nothing objectional............not much believeable
    keep it going Ive got a few laughs

Still not sure what the point is....

oldawg likes this.
  17. chelloveck

US$99 a pop, divorce lawyer vs corporate criminal tax lawyers is like the difference between street hookers and courtesans. (pun intended)

I make no moral value judgements about hookers...they perform a societally necessary service (else the demand for them wouldn't exist). I am just remarking on the relative earning capacity. YMMV (your marks may vary).

18. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

At least he was working. I much prefer that to the spandex clad slouch sitting on a couch, watching soap operas and waiting for the next subsidy to miraculously arrive upon in the mailbox

19. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Theres no suck thing as Lawyer charging 99$ for a divorce its FITCIOUS.

20. chelloveck

I guess it depends on the jurisdiction. In Australia, a person with a junior highschool education could adequately do their own divorce with an information pack and a set of divorce proformae documents from the Family Law Court for divorces not involving dependants who are minors. Property settlements and custody matters are dealt with supplementally to the actual divorce itself and though they also may be attempted without legal advice, it is best to get legal counsel before doing so...so $99 for helping someone to fill out papers that the client could actually competently fill out themselves is a bit like a book keeper helping someone fill out an uncomplicated PAYE wage earner tax return.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7