Oroville - would you bug out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oltymer, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

That was one of the first things I thought of. All the dirt bags will be coming in to break into everything once the people left and how many police are sticking around with a possible flood coming? Need to have the cops around to [gun]the dirt bags and helo evac at the ready for them if the water starts coming.

3cyl, Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

My question for those worried about looters would be that wouldn't have you taken the important stuff with you in the first place? I mean they wouldn't be interested in stealing family photos or sentimental stuff like that. They want electronics and stuff they can use or sell. Things that your insurance should cover in the first place.

Next question, just saw this story: 5.0-magnitude quake rattles Northern California and am wondering what an earthquake would do to the dam right now?

3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. jimLE

jimLE Monkey+++

the spill way,i would of looked into,to begin with.and if things didn't set right with me,about it.i wouldn't moved there.but yet,if i did live there,and that started happening,id pack and load up everything thats not needed no matter what.then take those items to a safe location.that'd leave me with the basics,when it comes to what i need on hand for everyday life.and that stuff,id probably keep in a open box or tote..

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

A levee near Manteca was breached Monday night leading to mandatory evacuations in the area, according to San Joaquin County officials said. Mandatory evacuations were ordered for people living within the below boundary:.... The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for the pictured area on Monday, Feb. 20, 2017, due to a levee breach south of Manteca. The warning is set to expire at 7 a.m. Tuesday.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7