one man army declares war on LAPD today! Christopher Dorner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sherman, Feb 7, 2013.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

cabin reported to on fire. Or maybe some is just roasting some marshmallows. It is the media so who knows.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, as far as we know, a cabin is on fire, Dorner is believed to have scuba gear to breathe, they haven't seen him since they set fire to the cabin, or Dorner did...more likely the cops did it, based on historical accounts, but who knows. His death toll up to 4, one more deputy added to the list today, 1 more injured also.

The folks who were held against their will claim it was Dorner. Of course, it's the media reporting this, so...

Just in from Drudge:
    LINK to story

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

He might be a crispy critter now. Guess the cottage burned down.
    Me say, DNA test time!
    Man that would so suck if it wasn't him for LAPD. Wonder if he died days ago or not. bwahahahahahaa

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

(NWS-L)

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

How long will it take for the theorists tell us he got away, and that body was stolen from a crematorium?

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And there's a lesson for us all. One guy with intent can tie up a whole lot of JBTs.

ditch witch, oldawg and tulianr like this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I wonder how many crimes went without responding officers during this man hunt?:(

8. Brokor

Well it looks like Dorner was confined to that cabin, we will have to wait to know for sure. It's typical the police used smoke grenades which lit the cabin ablaze, and folks are already reminiscing about WACO.

9. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

G - I was thinking the same way. 1

This should be a lesson about 1 man's resolve. What if there was no safe place for the JBTs to hide if 10,000 Dorner's decided they had enough?

Makes one think John Ross might have had an interesting concept in his book about posting the three letter agency employee's home addresses online and saying, "resign or else".

oldawg, Brokor and scrapman21009 like this.
  10. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

"smoke" grenades... biglaff

Where there's smoke, there's fire. [OO]

11. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

Donner's downfall was taking shelter inside a cabin where he was located by the maids. If there is one thing to learn it's stay away from people. The news was reporting a day or two ago that he had headed to Mexico. If he would have stayed out of site for a couple more weeks he then could have made a second strike.

Jason

12. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

The news now is the police set the cabin on fire on purpose. The media has recordings of the radio traffic so they can't pull a Wakco and blame the occupant.

I am not trying to defend the dirt bag, but I would think deliberately setting a house on fire is a little beyond appropriate use of force. Maybe it was the correct thing to do in this case, but my gut reaction is wtf.

They had no way of knowing if a civ was inside with him.

BTPost, CATO and kellory like this.
  13. Brokor

Due process: 'Due process' is the legal requirement that the state must respect all of the legal rights that are owed to a person. Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law, this constitutes a due-process violation, which offends against the rule of law.

It doesn't matter if the guy is a proven criminal, the worst of the worst killer --he is not guilty until proven so by the court and his peers by trial. The police DO NOT have the authorization to execute, ever.

BTPost, kellory, CATO and 2 others like this.
  14. bfayer

Again not trying to defend him or the police for that matter, but in this case he was actually firing on the police and use of deadly force was appropriate.

If someone was shooting at me I would take any means available to defend myself or others around me. If that means setting the guy doing the shooting on fire, I would.

However, I cannot and would not do it unless I knew it would not hurt an innocent person. This dirt bag just left a cabin with two people tied up, I think it would be reasonable to assume that the cabin he was in might have someone else also inside. It sounds to me like they were so bent on taking this guy out that they just said screw the potential for collateral damage, if someone else dies in there, oh well.

I hope I am wrong.

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Brokor is correct in his due process statement but did we really think Dorner was going to be taken alive? The LAPD's goal was to annihilate him, they prove this when they shoot up those two ladies in the truck. Take no prisoners!

bfayer- I do see your point but note that Dorner tied up the two people, he didn't kill them. So could we say that he didn't want to kill innocent people? He stated that his mission was to kill the corruption. I know you are going to go off on the chief's daughter but she was in a million dollar complex- they must pay students/ coaches real good in CA. I also question that whole incident. From what I have read the daughter & fiancee were killed in a secure parking garage. You couldn't get in with out a code. Yet days later they show a picture of Dorner allegedly driving in that garage- how did he get the code to get in and drive around?

Either or due process was never going to be Mr Dorner's. Never. Notice the media never tried to interview his mother, siblings, relatives???? No friends interviewed.

16. Brokor

Oh, I understand your position. As for the use of deadly force, that is implied, but it does not include setting fire to the structure. The police were NOT in any immediate danger, since the perpetrator was barricaded in the cabin, and all they had to do was wait him out or use negotiations as is historically accurate in such cases. Since we have moved to a complete police state, even more severe than an Orwellian dream, and the general perception is in line with Empirical authority, the rule of law escapes common thought. We must not accept these standards as commonplace and necessary, or we will chance seeing it repeated. Run a red-light, refuse to pull over, run into a house, refuse to come out --burn the house down? This makes no sense to free and sovereign people, but this is not too far from what happened.

It's funny, a lot of people believe the dirt bags were wearing badges, too.

17. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

the dirt bags were wearing badges, see what happens when you try to expose that fact.......

VisuTrac likes this.
  18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I will not say that all police officers are bad. Many are great honorable people but like major companies, power corrupts. We have law officers that run around intimating, abusing authority, turning the general public against them. IMO these dirty officers do not forget, nor do they forgive. Someone tries to expose one of their own, well kiss your career goodbye.

This is how the cops act in Aurora CO. They just terrorize the snot of of the citizens and it is okay. The cops in LA must have the same handbook.
    Colorado Police Chief Authorizes Mass Arrest of Innocent People to Catch Bank Robber, Violating the 4th Amendment ‘Justifies the Means’ « The Foxhole
    Due process and the Constitution doesn't mean shit when you wear a badge.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/us/case-pits-police-use-of-technology-against-citizens-rights.html?_r=0

Brokor likes this.
  19. bfayer

And I am not disagreeing with you at all based on the info we have right now, that is why I said my first thought was wtf. I would like a little more info before I judge the guys wearing the uniforms.

I have spent the last 29 years putting other peoples safety above my own, so to see things like this happen is disturbing.

Motomom34, Dogfood, CATO and 2 others like this.
  20. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

Now lets see if the talking heads dig into this to see what his motivation was like they do when some crazy person shoots up a school. I don't think we will see the endless whys. I think they will put this to bed fast.

CATO likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7